The New Gold Rush in Northern Sudan

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a (new) gold rush taking place in the Sudan (one of the richest African/Arab countries in natural resources). This new gold rush started around 2008, but got much of the attention in the last past few years.

Here is some resources to let you take a glimpse at what is happening there.

I will update this thread when possible.

Gold Rush in Northern Sudan

Video Uploaded on Sep 25, 2011

At least one quarter of North Sudan is gold rich, so rich that any traditional method will work to extract substantial amounts of gold. Thousands of people moved to the area north of the capital city Khartoum prospecting for gold. Many people have left their permanent employment jobs and hit the desert prospecting for gold, many of them were lucky to strike a few kilograms in less than 6 months, sold the gold and got their life changing amount of money. If you are an individual and you want to give it a go prospecting for gold, remember that team work pays off, don't go on your own, get at least 10 other people to join you and split the work and revenue among all of you, you need knowledge, water, medicines, food, ore extractors, transport etc..., of course you can try on your own if your target is few grams.
For individual minors who do not use heavy machinery, prospecting is free but once you start using metal detectors and other industrial methods you will need a license from the government which is not difficult to get. NORTH SUDAN.

Sudan's desert hiding fortune for gold miners

from Youtube:

Video Uploaded on Aug 23, 2010

Thousands of people are criss-crossing Sudan's Nubian desert armed with pan-shaped metal detectors to scour the land in the search of gold.

About 500 kilometers north of Khartoum, there fortune seekers have set up tents, equipped with water barrels and enough food for weeks, in the hope of striking it rich.

Gold in the northern state of Sudan in Abu Sarah region

The young guy talks about finding gold in his region, those gold nuggets according to him weight more than 700 gm.

Gold in the northern state of Sudan in Abu Sarh region north of Dongola 143 miles , 720 grams and found By GPX-4500 has been configured by Engineer Basel Mohammed Jabara , There are several old mines from the time of the English colonization of Sudan , where it was created by the British colonial era . The region is still rich in gold, which led to large foreign companies to invest there .

Gold in Nile River State

English translation excerpt :

We have been more than a month we found this rock which weights 8 kilos. The car owner will get his share of 1/3 of the gold in this rock. We left our homes and families behind us in search of gold and we're not sure if we can find any thing. Now we found this, thank God (Alhamdu lilah).

This video was Uploaded on Jan 26, 2010

Sudan Part 9

This video clip by American Detectors Dealer : Doc . He visited Sudan in

2010 to help his Sudanese friend set a Metal Detectors Supply Shop near the gold fields area.

Video Uploaded on Jan 11, 2011

We arrive in Abu Hamed. We assist Esam in getting his little prospecting supply shop decorated with signs. People from this town were the first to start the Gold rush. This is where all of the prospectors who are working the far north gold fields buy their supplies and sell their gold. We head out late at night and end up in the middle of the desert at 2:00

am, and sleep in the car. It is 40 degrees and we have no blankets. We proceed to the gold fields where the gold rush started. We find it is still being worked, but the pickings are slim and none. I helped an enormous amount of prospectors to get their detectors set correctly. Their settings on the GPX4500 were all over the place. Some were running in cancel, some had their signal volume turned all the way down. All were thrilled with how their Minelab detectors responded after being adjusted properly.

Sudan's Hassai gold mine

Country's largest gold mine is a partnership between Sudan's government and Canada's La Mancha Resources

Sudan's Hassai gold mine - The Globe and Mail

Sudan opens first gold refinery

Sudan opened its first gold refinery on Wednesday as it seeks to improve the quality of its rising gold exports and offset the economic damage inflicted by the loss of most of its oil revenues. The government hopes the new refinery in the capital Khartoum will help it to produce gold to international standards and reduce the amount of gold smuggling to overseas markets such as Dubai. Head of the refinery, Mohamed Osman al-Zubeir announced at the opening ceremony that the refinery will have a daily production capacity of 900kg of gold and 200kg of silver.

[video]http://www.voxafrica.co.uk/vod/videos//? v=0_e9qx428j&p=1&PHPSESSID=4c22a75b7920fcc4f7a8bbfd4e32ee30[/video]

Upvote 0

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the chances of an American in Sudan getting his head severed with a rusty bayonet?

OP
OP
G

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fitzwilk, Now that's funny , LOL

I can't tell you because I am not an American. hahaha

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please go to DocsDetectingSupply's channel - YouTube this is Doc's Channel at youtube. He visited Sudan in the midst of the Gold Rush you can ask him, and he can give you the view of what he saw from an American perspective.

You Americans are really obsessed with security. LOL

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting , Don't have the time to watch the Vids right now but
Thanks !

OP
OP
G

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks jeff of pa, I like it when someone gives his opinion without implying or trying to make bad impressions about something they don't know about.

Cheers

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love everything Gold & Treasure :laughing7:

& nothing politically motivated :exclamation:

OP
OP
G

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff of pa, you own an X-terra 305 metal detector? how is your experience with that machine? is it good at detecting gold?

I own a newer model of that brand: X-terra 705 Gold. It was suggested to me by Doc (please see my reply before yours in this thread) . Thanks Doc for guiding to the right direction, you are a kind man.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff of pa, you own an X-terra 305 metal detector? how is your experience with that machine? is it good at detecting gold?

I own a newer model of that brand: X-terra 705 Gold. It was suggested to me by Doc (please see my reply before yours in this thread) . Thanks Doc for guiding to the right direction, you are a kind mind.

sorry to say my experience with the 305 consists of turning it on,
and walking maybe 50 feet & turning it off again.
I never learned to use it.

It's main purpose at the moment is taking up space till my Nephews son grows up.
and hopefully wants to try detecting.
he's about 4 I think.

I'm no fan of icons on screens for on, disc, etc.

DSCF0002.JPG

I don't want to learn Hyroglyphics

They at least need to make a Free Paste on that uses English to tell me what the icons mean.

I think AM is all metal, But Spell it out Too !

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks jeff of pa, I like it when someone gives his opinion without implying or trying to make bad impressions about something they don't know about.

Cheers

Are you in Sudan? I know at least three Minelab dealers that have made a lot of money selling to middlemen in Europe and Arabia. There are multiple Sudanese buyers on ebay that have paid incredible amounts for coils and machines. The "Rush," was in 2010, and is all but over, with many of the richest areas under armed control. Lots of BIG gold still being found. Wish I was bullet proof.

OP
OP
G

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry , glad to have you in this thread :thumbsup:

Yeb, I am in the Sudan. The Minelab detectors are taken with pride here as you noticed. I have one for my personal use. LOL . Not the full fledged one but a (relic and adventure) type as they call it. It's an X-terra 705 Gold Pack.

No I am not a dealer , they have one and he is doing very well. I am in contact with him. As for the "Rush", I have to disagree a little with you, it all started around 2005, but at that time there were no metal detectors around , people who prospect were mainly from the area (locals, natives) . They only work in placer gold mining (Wadis). They used simple tools such as a shovel and pan made out of a kitchen bowl. Nothing sophisticated . The heat started to catch up around 2008-2010 . At the moment it slowed down a bit but that only on the Northern parts of the country to the Far east and to the west , there is still using metal detectors. In the North where it began , prospectors started to revert to placer and hard rock mining as the gold nuggets became rare and difficult to find . I didn't get it when you said "the richest areas under armed control" What do you mean by that? please explain :icon_scratch:
Yes BIG gold is found in a daily basis.

"Wish I was bullet proof " :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread