Clubs in Trinity County

Trinity Dirt

Jan 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all.. i am new to this forum and was wondering if there were any metal detecting clubs or gold prospecting clubs in trinity or even shasta county one could go out with and learn the ropes..
and if there isn't we should try to form our own club here in Trinity County

Would like to gain more info on the history of mining in trinity county. and of corce where to go to play around..
the only thing i have really found metal detecting is some 1950's pennies and only thing that shows up in my gold pan are little flakes.
but that is ok with me cuz it is heart pounding to get to the bottom of the pan....

Gold prospecting is like a big easter egg hunt... but instead of looking in the 6 acres of land i have you have hundreds of miles to hunt for that big golden egg. (but where is a good place to start) that is the question.

Upvote 0

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is one in Shasta. I am not a member but the guy at the Miners Cache can give you the info.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Browse around your local libraries and used-book stores! Many have locally-written journals about the old days, old maps, geological maps, etc. which may prove very useful. Whenever I move to an area new to me, I raid library & bookstores to learn the history of the area. Although I don't prospect, my research habits have proved very useful both in rockhounding and metal detecting. Have fun and success! And don't fall into any abandoned, overgrown mine shafts, as I nearly did when rockhounding in Arizona a few years ago. Andi

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a chapter of the gpaa just started and Shasta miners which is now a detector club go to Howells Dive shop downtown on Eureka Way for current info-John-ps-nuttn' in trinity since we closed down the Trinity river miners association and Miners Alliance due to dredge ban and corrupt politicians-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions