Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bedpanmoneyman

Thread: gold around Asheville, NC

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    David Roberts

Sep 2012
    Temple, Ga
    5 times
    Prospecting

gold around Asheville, NC

I'm going to be in Asheville, NC the first week in march. My wife will be in classes Sat-Mon so I am looking for some areas that I can do a little prospecting. Many thanks to anyone who can led me to some good areas. Will be using pan & sluice box

us
    Pannin' Fer Gold!! WolfPack="WP"

Feb 2011
    Greenwood, SC
    Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
    188 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by nuggethunter View Post
    I'm going to be in Asheville, NC the first week in march. My wife will be in classes Sat-Mon so I am looking for some areas that I can do a little prospecting. Many thanks to anyone who can led me to some good areas. Will be using pan & sluice box
    There are many creeks in the area that will contain gold, becareful where you use a sluice as there are places where they are illegal,,,just be sure to study up on where and how and you'll have a good time..

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
    50 times
    Metal Detecting
    Buncombe County North Carolina

Placer gold is reported in Cane Creek and the French Broad River.

There are several "Pay to Play" places in Franklin, NC. Rubies & Gold.
    Gold Rush Guys - Gold Prospecting Supplies and Metal Detectors

http://www.goldrushguys.com

Carolina Dealer for XP DEUS The Worlds First TOTALLY Wireless Metal Detector!

GOLD BULLET Dredge Nozzle Classifers

XP DEUS World's First TOTALLY wireless Detector , Detector Pro Detectors and Headphones, Fisher Labs, Teknetics and Tesoro Metal Detectors. The GOLD CUBE, GOLD BULLET Dredge Nozzles, Turbo Pan, FALCON MD20, Buckabilly Sluices, Gold-N-Sand, California Sluice Box, JOBE Manufacturing & MORE!

Jun 2007
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Whites DFX
    5 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    nuggethunter,

If you go east on I-40 to exit #85 and take st rt 221 south, there are several mining areas...Lucky Strike and Thermal City to name a few. You can pan for $5 a day at Lucky Strike and keep all you find. These are in McDowell County
    Gold Prospecting and Mining at The Lucky Strike Mine, North Carolina .

The Second Broad River and Muddy Creek contain gold in this area.

If you are a member of the LDMA, they have a site in the area as well off Vein Mountain Road Vein Mountain

I have a log home just 3 miles from these sights. If you want some company if you decide to try these areas, give me a call.
    513-262-2664
    Bill
    PYRATE likes this.

us
    Jun 2009
    Blue Ridge, South Carolina
    292 times
    Just a fyi Thermal City is closed till March 15. Lucky Strike and Vein Mtn Gold Camp are both still open though.
    Sample till you find the hot spot, then mine it till its gone! Then start over...

Dec 2012
    37 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bedpanmoneyman View Post
    nuggethunter,

If you go east on I-40 to exit #85 and take st rt 221 south, there are several mining areas...Lucky Strike and Thermal City to name a few. You can pan for $5 a day at Lucky Strike and keep all you find. These are in McDowell County
    Gold Prospecting and Mining at The Lucky Strike Mine, North Carolina .

The Second Broad River and Muddy Creek contain gold in this area.

If you are a member of the LDMA, they have a site in the area as well off Vein Mountain Road Vein Mountain

I have a log home just 3 miles from these sights. If you want some company if you decide to try these areas, give me a call.
    513-262-2664
    Bill
    Now that is what it's all about! Bill, you are not only a great American, you are good people! Prospectors helping others! That is one of the greatest benefits of this hobby, all the helpful, friendly people you meet! I get thru that area occasionally too, but piggybacking new semi trucks prevents me from getting off I-40. I do carry a pan and a backpacker MacKirk sluice in my carry-on bag and once found a microscopic flake sitting around in our dispatch yard in Mt Holly! Props to you Bill for your generosity and southern hospitality!

Feb 2013
    1 times
    Mt Holly New Jersey? My brother found a tiny picker in our backyard in Tabernacle

May 2013
    Speaking of thermal city or lucky strike mines, I have the same question, which is better for me to high bank and my wife to sit by a stream and read a book? Also I live in lumberton, NJ, near Mt Holly, and we are coming down to a house we have in Sevierville, Tn at the end of march. I really would like to prospect in a private area but know no one with such land in the NC, TN area so thought one of the two mentioned mines would work for me as the only choice I know of. Ideas?

Sponsors