FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my wife works for El Dorado county...she forwarded me a letter our Sheriff wrote to V.P. Biden about the futility of gun control it was awesome...I hope the other Sheriffs around the state are as wise as ours.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the link above is not directly about mining, I will delete it soon. What I get out of the story is the power of local communities to fight what they don't
like. Right or wrong, we always talk about getting united - they did it.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's pretty good. I wrote my congressman Tom McClintock about the new laws the guv's trying to lay down & he wrote this back to me.
Dear Mr. Lukens:

Thank you for writing to express your support for protecting Second Amendment rights.

I firmly believe that the right to keep and bear arms is fundamental to our way of life, and no less important than the other rights outlined in the Constitution. Unfortunately, many don't see it this way. Time and again the same folks who vigorously defend a criminal's rights are happy to see restrictions placed on a law abiding citizen's right to keep and bear arms.

I am working hard to stop this trend – Second Amendment rights shouldn't be given second class treatment. I have consistently opposed legislation that would infringe on the right to bear arms, like the Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing Act, which would require licensing, photographs, thumbprints, and other intrusive hurdles before a law-abiding citizen could own a gun.

I have also co-sponsored bills which make our Second Amendment rights more secure. One of these is the Citizens' Self-Defense Act, which makes clear a right to self-defense in one's own home. Additionally, I am a co-sponsor of a bi-partisan bill which would modernize or roll back a number of outdated and inflexible firearms laws and regulations.

Thanks again for taking time to contact me. Please don't hesitate to do so in the future regarding this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Tom

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Second Amendment rights nothwithstanding - I was talking about getting Dredgers/Miners to unite, - sorry for the confusion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread