Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want the best gold machine between the two, definately the GMT. The MXT's prospecting mode circutry was based on the GMT, but it's not quiet as good. The GMT will find smaller gold for sure.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For gold only I would choose the GMT but for coin shooting the beach and relic hunting as well as nugget shooting the MXT pro is more versatile.

GG~

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes you will find everything....wich isnt always good...honestly I don't know how it handles salt...Fellas?

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt saltwater beaches, but my older goldmaster had a heck of a time keeping a smooth threshold on high alkalai desert soils even with the SAT in salt mode.
Like Pville said, The GMT will hit on everything and that is not a good thing. You might be better off with the MXT if you want to do both types of detecting.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want both then you might be better off with the MXT, but with it you won't be getting as many of the sub-grain pickers. H-2 CHARLIE, If you get the MXT let me know and if your intrested I'll give you a name of a prospecting website that has a program for the MXT using the Coin and Jewelry mode and the VDI in that mode to hunt nuggets and seperate iron trash, even those damn boot tacks. This could be the sought after "Boot Tack Disc Mode". :laughing7:

OP
OP
H-2 CHARLIE

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx , thats what i want to hear , i do want the best nugget shooter for my money , this machine can track black sand as well ? S LOBO T does not but god bug pro does .

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold bug pro is a great detector and super simple to use! Hot on pickers and a nice iron disc for relics.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Lobo Super Traq has a discriminator and auto tracking ground balance, so you can use it for anything, including the beach. In my opinion the LST is better than the MXT in every way and it's less expensive. It has nine coils that not only fit it, but they are less expensive than the Whites coils, and also a true lifetime warranty for the orginal buyer. If this is going to be your only detector for a while, it can do anything you want it to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread