Any idea what this could be other than gold?

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found both in the sluice today, can't think of anything other than gold that it may be. Definitely not pyrite or mica. Any ideas?

HNioChj.jpg

wnFvVmS.jpg

sOWblks.jpg

0q0pDsU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HNioChj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/wnFvVmS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sOWblks.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0q0pDsU.jpg

Upvote 0

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it crumble when you crush it?
It may be Leaverite.
If it's soft and flattens and doesn't crumble it might be a metal other then gold.
Does light pass through it.
Just looking I can't tell.

OP
OP
B

Barry-Goodknight

Sep 4, 2012
Black Hawk
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll get better pics tomorrow with a better camera.

I can't really answer any of your Q's since it's all locked up in that black rock.

It's not flaky, don't know if light passes through it because it's in the center of that black rock.

dinx

Jan 17, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i did light research on gold and i live in a very old area for gold -- we had a few rushes in our history here-- but anyways im no geologist still in my experience there are many differnt qualities and colors of gold-- google gold and black rock-- here the quarts is veined with gold 90 or of 100 times-- but there are other minerals that like to grow and cling to gold nuggets--- i also have some gold im waiting to get cleaned up and looked at so hope this helps and good luck!

blazebeatsbiz

Oct 30, 2015
Lisboa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rock.jpg According to the map it's silver and gold with sulphur holding it together. It's in blue and yellow clay far from the quarts and close it looks like this. Do I go ahead and refine? I am about to order the purple drop test online. Is this not iron? I cant look for treasure until i have a detector and a permit from the cultural ministry saying ill turn over the heritage finds. Looking forward. Time is now.

blazebeatsbiz

Oct 30, 2015
Lisboa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tested it! I am in the city now and I don't know who to ask for help testing it. Its a big part of the economy here so there are experts and companies. I want to do really small scale mining because the property I have access to is in a natural reserve. I haven't invested in anything yet. I have clay and that stone with me here. Do I go the the ministry of resources?

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silicon maybe???????????????
Z
Z
Silicon is the seventh most abundant element in the universe and the second most abundant element in the earth's crust. ... Two allotropes of silicon exist at room temperature: amorphous and crystalline. ... Silicon dioxide (SiO2), silicon's most common compound, is the most abundant

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
crush... pan... report...

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suggest that you find your local university and discuss your findings with a Professor that teaches inorganic chemistry or geology. A commercial lab may prove to be very problematic. Above all, do not volunteer any answers/intel as to WHERE the sample originated from... not even the general area. Remember, if they ask questions, you may have found something very valuable. Caveate emptor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread