Gold in Tennessee?

ratttn

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2013
Tennessee
Hi new to gold prospecting and panning! Would love to know of any places in TN that gold has been found throughout the state? I know towards the mountains there is some but any other promising spots that you have found or heard of would be great! I am not asking for the GPS coordinates or anything! Lol just an idea of where to start. Thanks in advance :)

Upvote 0

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ratttn, and welcome,
your post must have been missed by every vetern miner in here, sorry about that. Get a hold of Chuck Pharis in Coker Creek Tn at 818-802-1603. He is the GPAA state director. Coker Creek is the site of the GPAA claim.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

OP
OP
R

ratttn

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2013
Tennessee
Thank you for your reply! I was feeling a bit left out! Lol I am a member there and have learned about Coker and the tellico area. I am in middle tn and was hoping to hear more about this area or any hope of finding some color! I'm not looking to get rich but want to spend time with my kids, camp and show them a wonderful hobby that we all can enjoy!!

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time with the family is everything. That alone makes you a rich man and finding gold just the icing. I'm in South Dakota but what I have heard is that Coker Creek is the best area. My kids and my grandkids are all involved with mining on my claims. My oldest grandson is on the cover of the GPAA 2012 calendar and we are both pictured on August page in the small inset picture. He is my #1 mining partner. Anyway if you have questions ask and they will get answered by someone in here.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

6packor2

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pretty sure the whole south west portion of tennesee has gold. Thats what my research told me. But I was going by major earthquake fault lines when I researched it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread