A place to prospect in SC.

stanjtown

Nov 9, 2012
Lebanon County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm from PA and I;ll be in SC.for one week and wanted to see if anyone would be interetsed in getting togeather and go prospecting for gold. I'll be visiting my daughter and she said to bring my pans along so we can go try it out. She and my son bought me a basic Garrett panning kit for X-mas. SO you can guess that we are new at this and would like to make some memories with each other. Any help and knowlege would be greatly appreciated and if you could guide us and spend a day with us it would realy help. My daughter is stationed at Shaw A.F.B. and I'll be there on 2/17/13 and I leave on 2/23/13. I know this is short notice so I hope someone can help us out. Thanks for your time and God bless.

Upvote 0

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, just a little north of Shaw AFB are some of the richest gold deposits in the south east. I am in Spartanburg (like 2 1/2 hours from Shaw) I don't know exactly where to go down there. Since your just planning on panning maybe look into a national forest (I beleive most allow panning and sluicing but always research!!) do some research on the Carolina Slate belt and historic placer/lode mines on that belt and go from there.

OP
OP
S

stanjtown

Nov 9, 2012
Lebanon County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will do that, but plans just changed on her end and it looks like it will be another month now. I'll have more time to get better prepared for the next time, thank you all for the help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread