Mercury Sources

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil
I was wondering if anyone knows of any appliances or electronics or other sources where one could find mercury
I know it is used in thermostat switches in the home and i do pick up a few old ones from time to time whenever I have access to derelict properties
I have heard that there is mercury in fluorescent light tubes but im not sure
any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0

98 gt

Oct 5, 2006
older thermostats have mercury bulbs in them with if i am correct just about 1cc of mercury in them. i have a few in my desk drawer at work, though not sure how to ship??

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a thread on this forum by a man who says he has mercury for sale. It's in the "For Sale" catagory.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI want some real fun? Try walking with a 1/2 full fask of mercury on your shoulder. hehe. I had a mercury mine, Still alive

p.s. massive intake of vit "C" chelates and remove mercury, lead , arsenic, etc

Since we ate far better before, Hg never was a serious problem, it was excreted natrually.

Troicl Tramp

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
I tried to order chemicals from the U.S. once and got a call back saying they cant ship them internationally
apparently customs wont handle dangerous goods or some B.S. like that so if theres anyone who knows of any
place i could order them from in Canada I'd Appreciate it. I do have a P.O. box in the U.S. at the border town but alot of companies wont ship
chemicals to P.O. boxes. My sister in laws' parents are from Idaho too so i suppose i could get it shipped there and then have my bro pick it up next time theyre down but...
then theres the issue of declaring it at the border and such. So i dont know about that.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
hey ive been researching mercury sources and have found some info
fluorescent lamps only contain tiny amounts of Hg as in milligrams so thats not a very practical source
but there are mercury switches containing .5 to 1.0 mL of Hg in many vehicles pre 2000 and even some to date
they are located in the hood convenience light aparatus of the car to makle the light turn on when the hood angle changes
luckily i have an uncle who has an auto-wrecking yard i can go nuts in if i want. So autowreckers should have some on hand as
they usually store them for recycling or you can just go and ask to have at the cars if they will let you. Plus there are similar switches used in ABS
braking systems in vehicles but im too stupid to find those
i havent inquired at auto part stores but they probably have them.
I got a real good kick in the pants the other day, my grandfather is a retired engineer who used to work at a local hospital
mercury used to be way more widely used in medical equipment and he had saved over a pound in a glass jar but he said he recycled it 5 years ago!
so that made me kind of angry but at least i know where to get it now.
Hope this helps someone out there

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
I have been told that some of the Motocycles use Mercury in the brake system and the shops carry a supply od mecury...Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread