One way to use the LR2000 and county sites for research

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a real quick way to use the LR2000 page AND Yavapai county AZ webpage for researching a claim. Say, you are cruising around and see one of those yellow claim markers. On the placard is the owner's name, Jack Tucker. The claim name is Devil's Hideout. You want to contact the owner and see if you can get permission to look for gold on his claim. You also want to check out the claim to see if the claim is active or closed. If closed, it is possible that you may claim it as your own! Let's try it. Jack and Lisa Tucker are the caretakers at the Stanton, AZ LDMA camp. They were the owners of the Miner's Creek prospecting shop in Wickenberg, AZ. It is now under new management. We will now use the name Jack Tucker to search the PUBLIC RECORDS of Yavapai county and then the BLM LR2000 page to learn the names and locations of Mr.Tucker's claims. He has MANY. First, this yellow claim marker is in section 36, just north of the Stanton camp. That will also be in Township 10N and Range 5W. Go to Google. Put "Yavapai" in the search box and you will get choices that include Yavapai county recorder. It will say "disclaimer" somewhere in the discription. Click on that site. Bookmark it, you will probably use it again. On the disclaimer site, click "I acknowledge" at the bottom. You will be directed to the "search document" site. On the right side of the page "UNCLICK" search all types box. Choices will show up. Scroll down and click on "notice of location". Now, find the date range on the page and change the "1876" to something like 1960 or so. Then go to GRANTOR (not grantee) box and enter "TUCKER,JACK". No spaces. Hit search. You will get MANY results listed for Jack. Scroll down the list until you find the claim named "Devil's hideout". You will know you are at the right claim because in that space you will see it is in section 36, and township 10N and Range 5W. At the very right top of that space are the words "view image". Click on that. You will be sent to the actual photostat copies of the two pages Jack filed with the county (plus other info). On page two will be the diagram that he drew up showing the exact location of the claim in the section (36). You will have to click on that little "minus" sign to get the pages to fit on the screen. You can now use the Section, Town, and Range (and claim name) to see if Jack is up-to-date on his maintainance fees. In other words, is he current or "delinquent". If delinquent, you MAY be able to OWN this claim. Digest and try this info so far and I'll get to the LR2000 page next. These websites are PUBLIC INFO. Use them to your delight! TimC can do MANY things on these webpages! The above suggested research info is only one of many tools you can try out. (NOTE: This write-up is NOT permission to prospect on Jack's claim, just instruction on how to research a claim name.) TTC

Upvote 0

n9xwp

Aug 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extreme help ! Thanks so much for the instruction. Looking forward to learning more.
g

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great stuff Terry, thanks!

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Thanks Terry
I am glad you have this figured out. I have been playing with it with little luck. I think it would be a lot better if you just told me where the gold is on a non active claim. Thanks in advance.
Rut

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Terryc, yep ,you can do all of that,
I use LR2000 also but the MineCache overlay to Google Earth is another tool,.This finds all claims , active amd closed and shows the owners/ better and faster than Geo Communicator does
I use GE to get latlong, then I change that to state-Plane, then get my county GIS and find the place and get parcel search to find the Parcel maps .. then owner.
The comes the cold turkey part of asking for permission to prospect on private land..
All the best, Cheers, B

richexs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
Tucson
Detector(s) used
Garrett scorpion gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the information TerryC. We both cover a lot of the same ground between Morristown and Prescott Valley and spending the day at the Phoenix BLM looking over records for current claims can be very trying.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great post Terry. I had to learn it on my own. Headbang>. Took some trial and error but finally got it. I originally found the area and then got the township and other info through google earth and then entered into LR2000. Didn't know about the other options though. Mostly have done through iPhone but been wanting to do on PC. Maybe after my move this weekend I can try it your way.

I'd like to try the parcel overlay. More tools for my hobby. Glad to have something else to occupy my time. Lol. Got too much waiting for my ankle to heal up.
If anybody needs me to look up stuff. I'd be happy to assist. Just pm me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread