Gold Shows On TV

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In my free time (LOL) in the evenings when time permits and my DVR has recorded events I like to watch programs on gold. My problem I do not know the names of these shows or channels they are on. Below are a few I have come across. If you know of others please post them. Many of these shows are staged and over the top with drama and tough to waste time watching.

Shows I know about,

Gold Rush (Discovery Channel)
Bering Sea Gold (Discovering Channel)
Gold Fever (Outdoor Channel, GPAA Website)
Prospecting America (GPAA Website)
The Goldfathers (National Geographic Channel)
Bamazon (History Channel)

Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe Ghost Mine, Sci Fi channel just finished it's season. And the Alaskan comes on after Gold Fever on the Outdoor Channel. The reason I got interested in gold many years ago, was on Sundays on local public access tv they used to air the orginal prospecting show with George Massie, Tom Massie's father. He was a very good prospector, adventurer and pilot, god rest his sole

Here is a link to some of those old shows...http://www.goldprospectors.org/Media/Video/TabId/228/CategoryId/11/Gold-Prospecting.aspx
'

Last edited:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Ghost Mine, Sci Fi channel just finished it's season. And the Alaskan comes on after Gold Fever on the Outdoor Channel. The reason I got interested in gold many years ago, was on Sundays on local public access tv they used to air the orginal prospecting show with George Massie, Tom Massie's father. He was a very good prospector, adventurer and pilot, god rest his sole

Here is a link to some of those old shows...2012 Mining Guide Video - - Video :: Gold Prospectors Association of America
'
Same here. The Buzzard was the man! He would sit there in front of the camera, there in his hooch with his pan and his panning tub. Then take you on gold mining adventures and really educate you on mining, what to look for how to read the river or dry wash for the best spots to try. And near the end of every show he would talk about how important it is to keep our heritage of being Americans alive, to protect our right to free and unlimited access to public lands, to be responsible miners under the 1872 Free Mining Act Two Cheers for the 1872 Mining Law. He dedicated the last years of his life to this goal.
“Remember that there’s only two places everything comes from. It either comes from minin’ it, or growin’ it,” Massie says in the commercial as he explains the importance of mining and that less than five percent of the gold in America has been recovered — a fact that remains true to this day! George54.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Big fan of Gold Rush even with all their bumbling about, and they are getting the
gold out of the ground. Final 2 hr. episode is tomorrow night, and you can bet
I'll be watching and hoping they all had great seasons...8-)

Can't stand the "characters" in Bearing Sea Gold, as that whiny gal makes me cringe
every time she opens her mouth. She's as useless as (insert your favorite comparison
here..lol), and the rest have got so many personal problems that the gold itself seems
less important than the plot complications from the cast. Almost like they took a bunch
of alcoholics, drug addicts and desperate, wannabe bad-asses and gave them a gold dredge
so they could be on the show. Pass.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What DizzyDigger said x2. I love Gold Rush and only watch Bering Sea gold cuz I'm already comfortable on the couch. Of course, they had to find SOMEBODY dumb enough to try it in South America. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread