whos all going to the show today

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be heading up there in a few hours, not sure if I'll pick anything up, maybe just a pan or two. First time going to the one up in Monroe, normally just go to the one in Puyallup since it's just down the road from me, but I heard the Monroe show is supposed to be a lot bigger this year, so I figured I would go check it out.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the show now, it's alright. Kinda on the small side. You can look through all the vendors in about 15 minutes. A few selling decent stuff, small dredges, paydirt, classifiers, Fossickers is here as well as the black magic vendor. Typical show stuff. Not a ton of variety but worth a quick look if you happen live nearby, I probably wouldn't drive out of my way to go however.

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
I went for a very fast time. Got my le trap sluice and classifier. Was only tjere for 30 minutes. Did 34 seconds on the speed pan , won some gold. Pretty fun

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent a few hours at the show with my wife. Had to talk to some people and take care of some membership stuff with WPMA. Also joined Bedrock Prospectors as the have some nice claims on Blewett. Plan on spending some time with my sister and Nephews(phishisgroovin) and my grandkids up there this year. My sister had her son do a pan at the WPMA panning tub becauuse the water was to cold for her hands, they got a little nugget! Couldn't talk to Fosickers, he was kinda busy. Talked to Doug Watson at Prospectors Plus(next club I plan on joining) and really like that beach box setup they have! Talked to Liberty Dave some(Hoser John and russau know him from DEF Rallyes). Put my hands on the Hydroforce nozzle finally, just the ticket for booming. Wanted sime Keene classifiers but there was none there. Had a good time with family time.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the very first time i speed panned i got 18 seconds with a clean pan. i suprised even myself and was leading the contest un till the Wisconson champ (that was sitting back in the crowd) got up and did a 8 second clean pan to shove me out. ive never speed panned before or even parcticed it and felt really good untill the END! but it was fun! probly never do it again.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a few hours at the show with my wife. Had to talk to some people and take care of some membership stuff with WPMA. Also joined Bedrock Prospectors as the have some nice claims on Blewett. Plan on spending some time with my sister and Nephews(phishisgroovin) and my grandkids up there this year. My sister had her son do a pan at the WPMA panning tub becauuse the water was to cold for her hands, they got a little nugget! Couldn't talk to Fosickers, he was kinda busy. Talked to Doug Watson at Prospectors Plus(next club I plan on joining) and really like that beach box setup they have! Talked to Liberty Dave some(Hoser John and russau know him from DEF Rallyes). Put my hands on the Hydroforce nozzle finally, just the ticket for booming. Wanted sime Keene classifiers but there was none there. Had a good time with family time.

Welcome to the Bedrock club, I'm a member too. If they didn't tell you already we have a big outing at Cape Disappointment in April, lots of people are going to be there, it's gonna be a blast. You should definately go.

Norseman

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Bedrock club, I'm a member too. If they didn't tell you already we have a big outing at Cape Disappointment in April, lots of people are going to be there, it's gonna be a blast. You should definately go.
Sounds fun but what a name for gathering place, haha.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With a 2 hr. drive each way from up here in the Skagit Valley, it's unfortunately too late
for me to make plans to go this year. Next year I'll be putting this on the calender (early!)
so I don't have to miss out again.
duh.gif

Last edited:

wa-au-nut

Dec 1, 2012
Marysville,Wa.
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Norseman, Cape Disappointment is the mouth of the Columbia River where Lewis and Clark spent the winter on their big adventure. Also home to many shipwrecks. That Bar is VERY dangeruos. A Bud was fishing there one time with his wife in the fog, when the fog lifted his wife asked what mountains where off that back of the boat? He said those ain't Mt's thats the Bar! She made him take her in and never went out there again! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread