Gold Cube and blue bowl // Use one or both ????

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both, and I usually use the Gold Cube to concentrate everything above 70 to 100 mesh. Anything below that I use the Blue Bowl.

Really depends on how you like to run things and how much classifying you want to do.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
You still need to separate black sands from your cons. you can't do that with a Gold Cube. I use the Blue bowl for that.

Last edited:

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Cube works more as a recirculating sluice box, Blue Bowl is for clean up.

OP
OP
G

gtxkid

Feb 10, 2013
Pueblo CO and Pensacola FL
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I went up out of town today and a new friend showed me how he does it.
It make's more sense now.
He runs 4 classifier's stacked on top of each other all at once, then he pulls them apart and does each one of them one by one.
He will run 100 first then 70 then 50 then 30.
Thanks guys.

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Picture this, you have 100 buckets of dirt, 5000 pounds. To run this pile through the Blue Bowl would seem a bit ridiculous! A life time achievement. To run this pile through the Gold Cube will take all day. First classified to 1/8th inch in 3 hours, then run through the Cube in about 2 hours. Classification would reduce the pile to about 1/3. Running this same 5000 lb pile through a highbanker would be quicker but if you are in a fine gold area, you would be blowing out fine gold after about 30 minutes of operation. You would get through the pile but have less gold. The new Gold Banker attachment will allow you to shovel right into the Gold Cube without classifying. This way you have the material handled once and will be able to have the highest retention of the gold in about 3 hours. No matter what you use to process the material, less than 2 cups for the Cube or less than a bucket for the high banker, you are going to have to clean your gold out of the cons. This is now in the range of the Blue Bowl, spiral wheel, water miller table or my favorite, the pan. Classification is key! Classify as was stated above, as many sizes as you can and work each size separately. Have fun
Mike

OP
OP
G

gtxkid

Feb 10, 2013
Pueblo CO and Pensacola FL
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro 6X10 DD and 4X6 DD coils and coil covers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold Cube easy to use.
Blue Bowl hard to use, 12 hours getting started and i will need a lot more time on it.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the Blue Bowl all you do is dump about a cup of cons in the bottom of the still Blue Bowl, start the water spinning right up to the edge of the center hole. You'll see the spinning water start to take off layers of blonde sands, then it starts to take off layers of the black sands. You will see gold stuck to the bottom, and the really fine stuff working to the cone. It should only take about 4 minutes per cup of cons, it really is pretty fast. Use a bright light right over the bowl, otherwise you won't see all the gold. Use a snuffer bottle after each cup to quickly pick up the chunkier gold, but let the really fine stuff accumulate for four or five runs. I say that because you will waste too much time trying to get all the fines after each run, let it build up for a while.

Gold Cube easy to use.
Blue Bowl hard to use, 12 hours getting started and i will need a lot more time on it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread