Southern Nh gold!! Never give up!!

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
There is almost NO information on gold bearing gravel in southern NH. I set out to find it and today i did. Research was the key! Heavy research. After many unsuccessful outings searching in the pawtucaway area i had about given up trying to find gold in southern nh. My prospecting partner and i located an area on the lamprey river that cuts through an ancient,finely sorted, glacial alluvial deposit and boom there it is! We set up a sluice in a runoff rivulet and found only one place to dig material because of very high water and ice. We classified to 20 mesh and sluiced slow. Cleaned up cons and ended up with 10 to 12 flour specs. Very small gold but its there none the less. There are going to be some much better spots to set up in the heat of summer with low water! Got checked out by a fish and game officer too! Very nice guy. P.s. the lamprey has lots and lots of areas to prospect! Miles and miles and 2 much fun
Grizz

Upvote 0

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is almost NO information on gold bearing gravel in southern NH. I set out to find it and today i did. Research was the key! Heavy research. After many unsuccessful outings searching in the pawtucaway area i had about given up trying to find gold in southern nh. My prospecting partner and i located an area on the lamprey river that cuts through an ancient,finely sorted, glacial alluvial deposit and boom there it is! We set up a sluice in a runoff rivulet and found only one place to dig material because of very high water and ice. We classified to 20 mesh and sluiced slow. Cleaned up cons and ended up with 10 to 12 flour specs. Very small gold but its there none the less. There are going to be some much better spots to set up in the heat of summer with low water! Got checked out by a fish and game officer too! Very nice guy. P.s. the lamprey has lots and lots of areas to prospect! Miles and miles and 2 much fun
Grizz

Congratulations on your success!

All the best,

Lanny
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

davidvzx

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
Grizz

hi frizzly -do i need landowners permission to go anywhere on the lampry or just get down there and go for it? thanks

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I have been prospecting on state owned land. A conservation officer visited us last time and just checked our fishing licences. Hes never seen a sluice before. Id say better safe than sorry but if someone gives you trouble id be supprised. Ill sen u a pm.

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
Good job with the gold find! The adventure and dreams begin lol. Hope you guys don't give up! Glad the game warden didn't harass you about prospecting! Good luck!

davidvzx

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
sorry i spelled grizzly wrong!

hi grizzly -we spoke before here-where on the lampry did you find gold?ive tried where the river runs under rt 27 between raymond and epping-found some gold the first time there then it went dry after the second and third time-if you could give a good location id like to try it since i live in epping-this summer im going to bath nh to try there -thanks

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Bath is good. It gets pounded by guys tho. If you walk a bit the wild am has some good gold and big flakes. The lamprey has a few good sections. Try deerfield. Go 27 toward deerfield at the junction of 102 in raymond. about 6 to 8 miles on the left there is a bridge. Below the bridge is bedrock.

davidvzx

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
Bath is good. It gets pounded by guys tho. If you walk a bit the wild am has some good gold and big flakes. The lamprey has a few good sections. Try deerfield. Go 27 toward deerfield at the junction of 102 in raymond. about 6 to 8 miles on the left there is a bridge. Below the bridge is bedrock.

thanks for the quick reponse-are you talking about a bridge in deerfield?because rt27 doesnt go thru deerfeild.there is a bridge in raymond near the intersection of rt 102 and rt 107.i do see that the lamprey flows near the intersection of rt27 and rt 107 in raymond.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Im talking about going passed the 102 intersection comming from epping. Its 107/27 until 107 splits from 27. Im pretty sure its deerfield there but its called Langford rd. on the left. You can park right there at the bridge. Good bedrock! Better when the waters low though.

davidvzx

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
hi grizzly-i brought my sluice box to that spot under the bridge-when you say good bedrock -is it under all the boulders in the river right underneath the bridge?

I put my sluice box about 10 feet from underneath the bridge on top of the rocks and had it setup nice but didnt get any gold.I was digging the easy to get to dirt without moving rocks.good you tell me how you got gold there please? thanks.

OP
OP
GrizzlyGremlin

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey glad to hear you got out! The gold there is super super fine like talc powder fine. Go downstream on the inside bend passed the bedrock about 20 yds. Dig deep. Its there. Also try wizwell. Go down to where the river turns hard left that is a well sorted glacial deposit with more fine gold. If u want chunkys and flakes you must go north.

davidvzx

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
I think i know where you said to go now-on the curve theres langford rd. right off rt 27 -theres a small parking spot and theres a sharp bend in the river downstream from the bridge-that spot is in raymond about a mile from raymond on the left heading toward candia-im going to try that spot tmw and ill let you know how i made out-thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions