Falcon MD20
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 3 Post By goldgit'r
  • 2 Post By 63bkpkr
  • 3 Post By AzViper
  • 3 Post By Lanny in AB
  • 2 Post By TerryC

Thread: Falcon MD20

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2012
    7 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Falcon MD20

I am curious if anyone owns one and would like some feedback. I plan to get one in the near future and wanted some tips and other related info.

us
    Apr 2011
    Florence S.C.
    72 times
    There are a lot of posts on here about the MD20.
    I have one and it works great for what it is designed to do. Wes
    Seen it all,Done it all,Can't remember most of it.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4612 times
    I believe Lanny has a comment about the MD 20 on his thread "Bedrock and Gold" now out to 64 pages.

In general it is a 1" diameter metal detector and it does a good job in tight areas, responds well to gold of all sizes, not sure about depth of detection but possibly it is shallow, people that have them swear by them not at them and they say the long handle is worth purchasing.

Check for the other MD 20 posts................63bkpkr
    Ultimacloud123 and russau like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2247 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
    I am curious if anyone owns one and would like some feedback. I plan to get one in the near future and wanted some tips and other related info.
    From what I have read the Falcon has a limit of about 2". Mainly for pinpointing and find metal within rock.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5849 times
    Prospecting
    It doesn't go deep, but it's exceptionally sensitive. It's a real gold hound for small gold, but it screams on nuggets too. It howls on hotrocks like crazy. So, if you're looking for something that you can use to test dirt where it's dry (no water for panning), the Falcon will plow through your spread out sample and let you know if there's any specks of gold in the dirt. (I used a magnet to drag out most of the hotrocks though--that way the machine wasn't howling all of the time at the positive and negative hotrocks in the pan--saved me a lot of grief.) I used it on bedrock that had already been worked, and it was amazing at what it sniffed out--we had a lot of fun with it. Some guys never go prospecting without it.

Here's a shot of what I found with it.

All the best,

Lanny
    P.S. Here's the link to my thread: Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .
    Last edited by Lanny in AB; Mar 03, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
    Ultimacloud123, russau and kuger like this.
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger. Homemade re-circulator
    10280 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The MD20 is supersensitive. Sounds off on sub-grain gold at 1-2". Once you get a signal, "push" the wand at the sound-off-dirt. Then pull the wand back. If the sound occurs TO the target, it is non-ferrous (gold, copper, silver).... AWAY ferrous (hot rock, old can pieces, shovel rust). TTC
    DizzyDigger and russau like this.
    It's not what you think.
    It's not what you say.
    It's what you do. WB Dedman

Nov 2013
    Hong Kong
    Sovereign Elite , ATPro , CZ 21 , Falcon MD 20
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Just got the Falcon MD 20 with long handle , thing is how do i remove cable and fit it through the long handle ?

us
    Oct 2018
    Nevada
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dont look dont find View Post
    Just got the Falcon MD 20 with long handle , thing is how do i remove cable and fit it through the long handle ?
    I know what you mean. I got the long handle option with no instructions. Today (3 years, or so, later) I got brave and pulled the cable part up against the main box. Sure enough it pulled off. Looks like an old style RCA speaker jack. Don't pull on the thin cable part. Pull on the thicker white part. I hope this helps.

Sponsored Links