Falcon MD20

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of posts on here about the MD20.
I have one and it works great for what it is designed to do. Wes

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Lanny has a comment about the MD 20 on his thread "Bedrock and Gold" now out to 64 pages.

In general it is a 1" diameter metal detector and it does a good job in tight areas, responds well to gold of all sizes, not sure about depth of detection but possibly it is shallow, people that have them swear by them not at them and they say the long handle is worth purchasing.

Check for the other MD 20 posts................63bkpkr

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am curious if anyone owns one and would like some feedback. I plan to get one in the near future and wanted some tips and other related info.

From what I have read the Falcon has a limit of about 2". Mainly for pinpointing and find metal within rock.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It doesn't go deep, but it's exceptionally sensitive. It's a real gold hound for small gold, but it screams on nuggets too. It howls on hotrocks like crazy. So, if you're looking for something that you can use to test dirt where it's dry (no water for panning), the Falcon will plow through your spread out sample and let you know if there's any specks of gold in the dirt. (I used a magnet to drag out most of the hotrocks though--that way the machine wasn't howling all of the time at the positive and negative hotrocks in the pan--saved me a lot of grief.) I used it on bedrock that had already been worked, and it was amazing at what it sniffed out--we had a lot of fun with it. Some guys never go prospecting without it.

Here's a shot of what I found with it.

All the best,

Lanny
P.S. Here's the link to my thread: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-gold/69-bedrock-gold-mysteries.html

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MD20 is supersensitive. Sounds off on sub-grain gold at 1-2". Once you get a signal, "push" the wand at the sound-off-dirt. Then pull the wand back. If the sound occurs TO the target, it is non-ferrous (gold, copper, silver).... AWAY ferrous (hot rock, old can pieces, shovel rust). TTC

Nov 18, 2013
Hong Kong
Detector(s) used
Sovereign Elite , ATPro , CZ 21 , Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just got the Falcon MD 20 with long handle , thing is how do i remove cable and fit it through the long handle ?

Cowboysnhats

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2018
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the Falcon MD 20 with long handle , thing is how do i remove cable and fit it through the long handle ?

I know what you mean. I got the long handle option with no instructions. Today (3 years, or so, later) I got brave and pulled the cable part up against the main box. Sure enough it pulled off. Looks like an old style RCA speaker jack. Don't pull on the thin cable part. Pull on the thicker white part. I hope this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions