Vein Mountain, A little disappointed

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A little disappointed, I just spent 2 days in vein mountain, nc panning and sluicing in a well known creek in the heart of the NC motherload, worked my ass off in the cold and occasional snowfall. I'm not sure if I was not holding my mouth right or maybe the wind was blowing in the wrong direction I'm not sure, but all I came up with is about 3 or 4 tiny specs. I'm not sure if I will ever go back I may just keep it in Georgia where I know I can find gold.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
nuggethunter

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, I even talked to a few people there and they were speaking highly of the place. But i had no luck

OP
OP
nuggethunter

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was in the creek. Found more black sand than I ever have in Ga just not the gold to go with it. I'm not discouraged by any means. I'm sure I'll be back again this year, maybe my luck will be better. I may even try a highbanker.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Its pretty hit or miss up there. Its been worked hard by many people. Usually I stay sampling (sometimes for days) until I find a pay streak, then bring in something to move more dirt.

OP
OP
nuggethunter

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yea, I moved so many boulders i can't count them all just hoping to come up with something

OP
OP
nuggethunter

nuggethunter

Sep 20, 2012
Temple, Ga
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'll keep that in mind my trip here ends tomorrow then back home. But we will try to make it back hopefully during the summer and I will give it another shot in a different area. Thanks for the info. If anybody is coming to Ga for some gold look me up would love to go on a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread