Claim jumpers

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Hi all
Its spring again and i have a claim due in 2 weeks.
Its only 2 units and is nothing to renew it, but i have a issue with claim jumpers. This has been going on for years and it pisses me off. :censored:
This time i fear they will hide the ore vein for good :icon_scratch: and I want to do something about it.
I also want to get my TN buddies involved so get ready for a new and very hot topic.
The reason i say this is because the ceo for the company doing the claimjumping is a guy who was claimjumpping me years ago.
He was useing his road building company to prospect my other claim.
He eventually got fired from wharehouser's logging company because his brother owned the road building company..
It gets better, His other brother is the BC minister of mines.

This other fourm has a topic i started last year.
need advise about a type of claim jumping in General Discussion Forum b
Ill copy the posts i put on it and paste them here if you guys want.

Tomorrow we go see what they have done to the ore vein, I bet they will bury it beyond what i can dig out.

hmmm
as ted says , it will be epic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

doubled

Dec 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO go rent a excavator/dozer and MOVE the rock pile where you see fit. Send email/letters to whomever you can law enforcement, mining rights groups, whoever hired the company to build the roads (assuming it is sub contracted out)...

Get in contact with some kind of mining organization with a good legal team AND SUE the dog **** outta them... I can defiantly see a case they are preventing you from doing your job of harvesting minerals from the rock. Since you have the pictures I think you could even sue them for the time they have prevented you from mining the site already and get them to move!! So 2 years of mining on a quartz vein I think would be a pretty penny!!!

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Normally when we hear the term "claim jumper" it invokes the image of some ignorant or careless recreational prospector wandering onto someones claim with a bucket and a shovel, not some criminal enterprise. Although a nusiance, these guys don't REALLY represent a serious threat to anyones property or livelyhood. Claim owners argue they are swarmed by these people who descend on their property like locusts, and so they must resort to violence (however illegal) to keep their rights intact. Even clubs (like the GPAA) tollerate members who have appointed themselves to act as "armed securiy" for the claim. The TRUTH is, NO ONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES is authorized by that organization to take the law into their own hands and confront anyone else with threats or acts of violence. You can't even legally challenge someones right to be there by ordering them to produce a membership card. For this reason, club patches and tags on vehicles must be prominently displayed. On the otherhand, citizens do have the right to use a gun to protect themselves from dangerous psycopaths acting under the color of laws and rules THAT DON'T EXIST. Eventually clubs and law enforcement agencies that turn a blind eye to this vigillanty behavior are going to be SUED for MILLIONS OF DOLLARS when some tourist is gunned down in cold blood by some whacko.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In General we are talking about controlling Others. In General this is an impossible mission as most of us can not even control our own actions, this includes me. However, in the case of a highly mechanized commercial claim jumper you are talking about a court room appearance and the person with the most amount of Factual Evidence has a possibility of winning. BUT be forewarned that a court savvy financially stable Scum Bag can use the court system to drive the lesser solvent party into bankruptcy. Choose your fights wisely, have a ton of factual evidence (dates, times, places, who-what-when-where, witnesses, pictures/movies, receipts for delivery of cease and desist orders/notices and such) and do not go in there expecting Justice!
IMHO...............63bkpkr

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maybe hide some tree cams I have seen them hidden away before on claims..

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you as nuttn' on profile. You say TN as tennessee but then BC as in British columbia. Laws differ much even in USA e/w of the rockies so clarification before pontification is mandatory for any cognitive answer-John

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Eleven months ago I inadvertently "jumped" a claim because the monument was laying on the ground and I only found it when I went back to put up my own monument and corner markers. Do your "claim jumpers" know your claim is taken, and can they see the monument and markers?

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Eleven months ago I inadvertently "jumped" a claim because the monument was laying on the ground and I only found it when I went back to put up my own monument and corner markers. Do your "claim jumpers" know your claim is taken, and can they see the monument and markers?

Did same thing last year, the owner came out talked to me and said my eye is closed right now. i thought that was pretty decent of the guy he still lets me go on his spot.
i always put up a discovrey post with flagging tape right whithin eye site of where im working, most of the time its safe but on occassion someone knocks over my post and throws my papers out.
One time they wrote go !! yourself on my papers but were nice enough to put them back in there can.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sign on a tree outta reach is legal too-makes'm work to get at it. I make up a dozen or so a year,have'm laminated for a $1.50 and good to go-John

Attachments

• 100_0078.jpg
    100_0078.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 292
  • 100_0080.jpg
    100_0080.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 269

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Smart John!

Can you share the document/text you use?

Desertphile

Feb 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When it comes to monuments, I just assume they will not last longer than a year so I renew them with fresh copies of my paperwork. There are many scores of old monuments a few miles from my claim that have paperwork dating back to 1988, and the claims are no longer active--- it is a good thing to have the claim information easy to read, within reach, for anyone and everyone to look at.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for , Do they know it's my claim :evil5: Let Me tell you a little story, when they ribboned the pitt for blasting and i moved the ribbons, i saw them logging up the hill.
In ____ i was approached by one of the fallers and 2 thugs near where a old Indian lived alone..
:angry7:
They wanted to talk mining.
But when they told me who they where I ran. :walk:

:help: then they punched a old indian in the face and :sleepy2:

I went to see the pitt on the weekend, they left the mound of rock covering the vein of bull quartz and dug all around it. :hello2:

But lucky for me they exposed more of the vein. :icon_thumright:
When they leave :hello: I'll just go dig the mound out my self . :laughing7:
Clip_37.jpg
This photo shows the vein of quarts and the next 2 photos show what's in the quartz.
Clip_39.jpg
Clip_40.jpg
The next photo shows the mound of rock they put on the quartz vein last year. :nono:
Clip_38.jpg
To the left the vein peters out and to the right the vein is more fragmented , but you can still see , it's rich.
:tchest:That is the part of the vein what they exposed.:laughing7:
ill post pictures of this on my next visit to TN.

Oh ya
I want to take a core sample but cant afford to get a driller so I am looking for a shaw back pack drill that is used and cheap, if any one knows where i can get one near B.C.That would be cool.:love4:

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vein they exposed is to the right of the guy. :thumbsup:
257.jpg 263.jpg 260.jpg Its got good chalcopyrite or arsenopyrtie but the only peackock ore is under the mound of rock in the solid vein of bull quartz. :dontknow:
Why would they leave just the mound of rock to the right of the dump truck and take all the rest.
264.jpg Its the only pile of crushed rock left in the pitt and it was placed right over the vein of bull quartz with the peacock ore.
Little fishy if you ask me.:angry7:

:angel2: Any one want to guess what affect a punch in the face of a nuckchuued old indian had on him. :angel1:

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news

Well , they are almost done with the pitt, our hope was they where not able to drill under the mound they put on the vein. I said on the way out to see the pitt, just our luck they dug a lake in front of the vein. Sure enough they did, but the good news is, because i moved the ribbons the first time they drilled, they did not drill under the vein and because they piled the rock on top of the vein they where not able ti drill under the vein the second time. now the rock is all gone and there is a big bulge of quartz . worked for me. Ill post better pictures after they leave .

Attachments

• lake.jpg
    lake.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I gota say this is a great story. Real life modern gold rush activity happening. Whats going to happen when our currency begins to implode and gold goes to $6k ounce. It would be a grab. Laws would go right out the window entirely! Maybe I'm pessimist for the environment but i would love to see a 10k oz gold spike and thousands of people tear the mountains apart by hand again. Without a bad guy there can be no good guy! And unfortunately for the good guy, history remembers the worst bad guys much more vividly than the best good guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread