63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been occupied with other items of life's requirements as of late but took time off this morning to look at the water conditions along one of NorCals (northern california) famous rivers. The result of that inspection provided a graph of the last 120 days of water flow data for that river, see attached picture.

The graph indicates a massive amount of flow in December of 2012, a real gully washer of a rainstorm hit us and then things have been what I would call slow ever since. The graph is showing an upward flow trend as of late possibly indicating snow melt though we have also had some rain in the past three weeks as well as some rising temperatures. My knowledge of this area tells me it is still quite possible for us to have heavy snow in late May but it is also possible for us to have very little extra moisture from now through October. OR, we are in a wait and see time right now as it could go either way. Gosh, I should become a weather man!

198_9856.JPG Unfortunately for me this years prospecting will be done from my armchair. My shoulder surgery has finally been scheduled for 18March or in just three days. I've been given two prescriptions for pain, one very strong and one milder. Just before the operation begins I will be given a shot they are calling a "block" to deaden the nerves in the shoulder area, it is supposed to last for about two hours after the surgery ends. At that time I will have my choice of which pain med to take. I wish all of you great success this year in your efforts to locate the yellow metal and please post your finds, without giving away the location of the finds, so that I and others may be comforted by your success.

With my best regards...............63bkpkr

Upvote 0
OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed,
Glad to know you have a sense of humor, being forewarned is always good! I've seen a cable like that only it was nearly vertical, coming from the bottom of the canyon heading towards the direction of "UP" and that direction was way out of sight. This would have been some 30 years ago on the NF of the NFAR.

I missed the Medicine Man. You may not know this but I have a fear of heights Unless I'm clipped onto my rope and "I" have control of it. Anyone mess's with my rope and I could scratch their eyes out, just an FYI. Truly though, being on a rope is an amazing thing as all my concerns of height are GONE, I can be a hundred feet or more up in the air hanging upside down and I'm fine but let me crawl onto a tree limb and they are back! The mind is an interesting thing.

Cl1983, your inputs about your operation are appreciated. I usually heal well but hearing about someone else healing well from shoulder surgery is comforting. I will need both shoulders and the left knee operated on before I venture back into any canyon, interesting how all three surfaced together. Ah timing, what an interesting thing..........63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Herb less that 24 hours and a counting and then your life starts a new chapter. I would like to give you a bit of advice though first. First that hand cannon can not help as it'd tear the arm offa a grizzly bear so forget it for awhile--Do the PT religiously as I met a wonderful gal doing it and that too 3rd-zipline highline whatever you can do it all when it's healed and in Costa Rica there was no grass skirts waitn at the end a the zip line just beautiful chicas and a massive margarita. Truly hope all goes well bud-heal thyself-John ---say what??now how did I get that sideways???hahahah oh well I ended up sideways after them margaritas anyhow

Attachments

• 100_0195.jpg
    100_0195.jpg
    963.6 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks John,
Right now I have no business: firing my hand cannon, carrying a heavy pack, hiking any trail, doing the things I Love to do. This is why I'm having the surgery and why I will have two more surgeries before I do what I really like to do.

I will do the PT, hope I meet a woman there that enjoys backpacking, etc. All my best.............Herb

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Kinda funny how the things we love to do so much, end up destroying our bodys, doesnt seem right!
me and my guys love to pack and hike and im not looking foward to the day that i wont be able to get back out into the bush.
this might kinda make ya chuckle i was told by the guys when i arrived back at camp 45 minutes behind them, the little turds told me i was getting old and slowing down.

Ill show em this weekend, we will pray for your speedy recovery bkpkr.

Herb n Crew

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Tramp aka Herb n Crew,
Thank you for your prayers, they are appreciated! Yes indeed some of the things I've done in the bush have damaged my body and at some point I will likely need to stay out of the hills I love. Then I might just get me a 16' open fishing boat with a 12 to 25 horsepower motor and go fishing and I will bring the oars just in case.

Have a good weekend..........63bkpkr/Herb

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being out in the boonies hiking,camping and mining does not ruin the body but refreshes the mind as to whats important. Its the toxins in the city,what we must do for the $$$ to flee the city scene and the excesses of youth and accidents that take the toll and Herbs elephant gun too!!!!John :notworthy: heal quick bud

Last edited:
OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh John, I never thought about Elephants before. Years back I came very close to purchasing a 458 Winchester Magnum as I'd had thoughts of going to Africa. Probably make a good squirrel gun..............63bkpkr/Herb

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup 419 and worse yet one shot and the squirrel would evaporate...........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread