Gpaa California
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mjarvis
  • 1 Post By guyport89
  • 2 Post By AlienAmerican

Thread: Gpaa California

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2013
    Kern County Ca
    2 times

Gpaa California

Has anyone checked out the gpaa claim in santa margarita near the los padres in slo county?

us
    Jan 2013
    Gold river
    Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
    28 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by guyport89
    Has anyone checked out the gpaa claim in santa margarita near the los padres in slo county?
    No. Is it any good?? Where is located?? I went to a GPAA claim in placerville

Mar 2013
    Kern County Ca
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarvis View Post

No. Is it any good?? Where is located?? I went to a GPAA claim in placerville
    Haha well im planning a little trip down there I havent had the chance to get down there till now. The reports are few and far between with meager results. Im trying to get accurate directions and tips for the place but nothing yet. How was placerviller?

us
    Jan 2013
    Gold river
    28 times
    Prospecting

Haha well im planning a little trip down there I havent had the chance to get down there till now. The reports are few and far between with meager results. Im trying to get accurate directions and tips for the place but nothing yet. How was placerviller?
    Well placerville could have been better, I heard that I didn't go in far enough around the bend of the river to where all the exposed bedrock is. I'm looking to go back and find that area to make another run at it. You can pick up BML maps to look at areas your interested in. I bought some for 4 bucks a pop, and he gave me go info on area things. Might want to try that as well
    Aufisher likes this.

Mar 2013
    Kern County Ca
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarvis View Post

Well placerville could have been better, I heard that I didn't go in far enough around the bend of the river to where all the exposed bedrock is. I'm looking to go back and find that area to make another run at it. You can pick up BML maps to look at areas your interested in. I bought some for 4 bucks a pop, and he gave me go info on area things. Might want to try that as well
    The area the claim is on is Forest Service land and I've been working on getting the maps but nothing breaks down the roads the right way most of them are spur roads off other dirt roads from what I gather. How far is placerville from fresno?

us
    Jan 2013
    Gold river
    28 times
    Prospecting

The area the claim is on is Forest Service land and I've been working on getting the maps but nothing breaks down the roads the right way most of them are spur roads off other dirt roads from what I gather. How far is placerville from fresno?
    It's probably 2 hours maybe alittle more. Look around to see if there's any local chapters you could join or mining shops that you could talk to.

Gold

Mar 2013
    Where ever I throw my bed.
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by guyport89 View Post
    What is it you want to know? The directions are in the guide book.the gold is good all over that area.work production for fines.drywasher never fails.I looked at it briefly a few months ago but was just scouting.I have worked numerous claims in that area typically i get several dwt a day here.this is my favorite country to work really pure gold.watch for poison oak.pack any water you might need, was really dry early this year.hope this helps.oh ive also found up to #2 pickers in that area but not all the time.cons can be alittle tough to get real clean.

us
    Mar 2012
    1640 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Watch for rattlers. They'll be comung out soon. The're thick in that area

us
    Jan 2013
    Gold river
    28 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by rodoconnor
    Watch for rattlers. They'll be comung out soon. The're thick in that area
    Which area are you talking about??

Mar 2013
    Kern County Ca
    2 times
    Thanks for the info guys im going out there tomorrow and I'll be reporting or posting pictures soon.

Mar 2013
    Kern County Ca
    2 times
    Great time on the coast at the SLO Able claim. Great colors lots of fines but finding the claim was a task. I dont recommend going there with out a gps and take light gear depends on the way you go it could be a long hike as I found out. Take your own water I have talked to the locals and the creek hasnt ran for several years. Happy panning!!
    Aufisher likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Northern CA
    48 times
    Prospecting
    Just joined the GPAA 5 minutes ago. crossing fingers a claim is near to me.
    Aufisher and Lookin4goaled like this.

Sponsored Links