mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
guyport89 said:
Has anyone checked out the gpaa claim in santa margarita near the los padres in slo county?

No. Is it any good?? Where is located?? I went to a GPAA claim in placerville

OP
OP
guyport89

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
No. Is it any good?? Where is located?? I went to a GPAA claim in placerville

Haha well im planning a little trip down there I havent had the chance to get down there till now. The reports are few and far between with meager results. Im trying to get accurate directions and tips for the place but nothing yet. How was placerviller?

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
guyport89 said:
Haha well im planning a little trip down there I havent had the chance to get down there till now. The reports are few and far between with meager results. Im trying to get accurate directions and tips for the place but nothing yet. How was placerviller?

Well placerville could have been better, I heard that I didn't go in far enough around the bend of the river to where all the exposed bedrock is. I'm looking to go back and find that area to make another run at it. You can pick up BML maps to look at areas your interested in. I bought some for 4 bucks a pop, and he gave me go info on area things. Might want to try that as well

OP
OP
guyport89

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
Well placerville could have been better, I heard that I didn't go in far enough around the bend of the river to where all the exposed bedrock is. I'm looking to go back and find that area to make another run at it. You can pick up BML maps to look at areas your interested in. I bought some for 4 bucks a pop, and he gave me go info on area things. Might want to try that as well

The area the claim is on is Forest Service land and I've been working on getting the maps but nothing breaks down the roads the right way most of them are spur roads off other dirt roads from what I gather. How far is placerville from fresno?

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
guyport89 said:
The area the claim is on is Forest Service land and I've been working on getting the maps but nothing breaks down the roads the right way most of them are spur roads off other dirt roads from what I gather. How far is placerville from fresno?

It's probably 2 hours maybe alittle more. Look around to see if there's any local chapters you could join or mining shops that you could talk to.

chowe

Mar 23, 2013
Where ever I throw my bed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone checked out the gpaa claim in santa margarita near the los padres in slo county?

What is it you want to know? The directions are in the guide book.the gold is good all over that area.work production for fines.drywasher never fails.I looked at it briefly a few months ago but was just scouting.I have worked numerous claims in that area typically i get several dwt a day here.this is my favorite country to work really pure gold.watch for poison oak.pack any water you might need, was really dry early this year.hope this helps.oh ive also found up to #2 pickers in that area but not all the time.cons can be alittle tough to get real clean.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch for rattlers. They'll be comung out soon. The're thick in that area

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
rodoconnor said:
Watch for rattlers. They'll be comung out soon. The're thick in that area

Which area are you talking about??

OP
OP
guyport89

guyport89

Mar 2, 2013
Kern County Ca
Great time on the coast at the SLO Able claim. Great colors lots of fines but finding the claim was a task. I dont recommend going there with out a gps and take light gear depends on the way you go it could be a long hike as I found out. Take your own water I have talked to the locals and the creek hasnt ran for several years. Happy panning!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread