Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: My FIne Gold Recovery System - Blue Bowl - Fossickers Gold Pan - Photos

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting in the southwest?
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting

My FIne Gold Recovery System - Blue Bowl - Fossickers Gold Pan - Photos

This is my fine gold recovery system. Thought this would be easier than using a 5 gallon bucket. As you can see I have a leveling system to level the center cone as this is very important when using a blue bowl, simply place a level on the top of the cone and level the bowl both directions. I am using a Fossickers Gold Pan as a small sluice to capture any fine gold that I may lose while learning how to recover gold at different size concentrates. Yes the Fossicker gold pan is overkill but it can be removed easily and used as a pan if needed. The raised drain keeps the concentrate contained within the black tub while keeping it from entering the recirculating tanks. The pump in the photos has been replaced with an Atwood submersible 1200 GPH pump. The first video shows the entire system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fine Gold 17.jpg 
Views:	1699 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	941650 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fine Gold 12.jpg 
Views:	2135 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	941651 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fine Gold 18.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	287.6 KB 
ID:	941652 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fine Gold 20.jpg 
Views:	646 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	941653

The video where I was processing the paydirt I screwed up and answered a phone call after making an adjustment in the water level. Lost all the gold out the bowl, but it was recovered and rerun.

Last edited by AzViper; Feb 07, 2014 at 07:56 AM.
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Dec 2010
    1462 times
    Nice...very nice setup.
    If ya cant catch the fines with that setup ... ya never will.

us
    Feb 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    825 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Wow!! What a cool science project. Like Hefty said if that doesn't catch fine gold nothing will. Great job Viper.

Jan 2013
    9 times
    Assume concept. Dude where do you come up with these ideas? I liked your Vac-Blower you built and now this gold recovery system is cool and compact. The pan used as a sluice is outstanding. Very neat setup and well thought out, I am going to copy your setup if it’s ok with you. Where did you get the fossicker pan from?

us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    12995 times
    Outstanding job AzViper!
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7063 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Before I get TOO old, I have to perfect my Blue Bowl technique. Got a working grasp but need to get better. TTC
    I love the smell of HOPPE'S no.9 in the morning!

us
    Minning Tools: 12" Trommel, Royal Drywasher, Viper-Vac, Miller Table, Blue Bowl, Footprints, Google Earth, These Are Just Tools As You Still Have To Be On The Gold

Sep 2012
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by UDigIt View Post
    Assume concept. Dude where do you come up with these ideas? I liked your Vac-Blower you built and now this gold recovery system is cool and compact. The pan used as a sluice is outstanding. Very neat setup and well thought out, I am going to copy your setup if it’s ok with you. Where did you get the fossicker pan from?
    Here is the link to the site to buy the Fossickers pan, FOSSICKERS.COM - Gold Pans for Prospecting & Production Gold Panning
    “He who builds their own equipment has a better understanding of what works and what does not work”

us
    Feb 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    825 times
    what I use Kieth is a 750 gph bilge pump hooked to a car battery. If the battery gets too weak I hook up my charger to it and hook the pump back up and continue working. Works good for me. I just can't get over how awsome your set up is! Again Great Job!!!
    goldenmojo likes this.

us

Sep 2012
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by B H Prospector View Post
    what I use Kieth is a 750 gph bilge pump hooked to a car battery. If the battery gets too weak I hook up my charger to it and hook the pump back up and continue working. Works good for me. I just can't get over how awsome your set up is! Again Great Job!!!
    Jim I did make one slight change to the mounting of the Blue Bowl. I rotated the Blue Bowl so the inlet was parallel to the rear mount. This placed the center hole of the Blue Bowl more to the top of the Fossickers pan. When I ran the system the water dumped onto the riffles. Now the water dumps closer to the top of the Fossickers pan. If any gold is lost out of the Blue Bowl it will be caught at the bottom of the pan before the first riffle. I will post updated photos soon. Thanks for the comments.

Hefty1, Udigit, vpnavy, TerryC, Jimmydolittle, Reed Lukens, and Joel1316 thank you all as well. This is a great forum where we all can learn from each other.

us

Sep 2012
    2184 times
    Prospecting
    As mentioned above I have rotated the Blue Bowl. In the photo you can see where the light is now casting on the Fossickers Gold Pan. I have decided to add two 15 gallon barrels to the system. One of the barrels will collect the discharged water/concentrate while the other barrel will supply fresh water. A 2 inch PVC pipe will be installed between the two barrels.

I did run the system and while trying to figure out the water height on the Blue Bowl and lost gold out of the Blue Bowl. But the Fossickers Gold Pan did as it was designed to do and recaptured the gold that had spilled over the center cone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finegold10.jpg 
Views:	1756 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	769442

us
    Sep 2012
    Oroville
    99.00 something or other from big 5
    62 times
    Hi AzViper,
    I mean no disrespect I'm pretty new to prospecting, to me most of the material in the vial looks like quartz. The reason I'm commenting is I have given a lot of thought to my next equipment purchase being a blue bowl. So i guess I'm looking for conformation that what you have there is gold. I've never used the bluebowl, or have I seen it used except for utube videos. I'm just trying to get more info on the bowl before I buy, it seems kinda of pricey.

OBD

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10515 times
    Prospecting
    Looks like leaverite to me too...not gold.

us
    Mar 2013
    Greenville, NC
    Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
    2 times
    great looking set up. Great idea

us
    Sep 2012
    Oroville
    99.00 something or other from big 5
    62 times
    Hey Kevin,

Have you used the blue bowl , if so what's your opinion?
    And if anyone else cares to respond I have another question, can I play with it to possibly retain some of the garnets in the concentrates. I know there's no real value to the garnet chips I just have some craft ideas I want to use them for.
    OBD

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10515 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry, no blue bowl experience. Those things are too slow for me, I can pan faster so that's how I process my final cons. There are lots of finish processing options out there but for me a $3 10 inch black Keene finishing pan is all I need. (Well, that and 20 & 50 mesh classifying screens and a magnet and a suction pipette and a 10x magnifying loop and a ceramic soap dish to do the final removal of the very last contaminants in the gold...I guess that's plenty right? LOL)
    Rawhide, goldog and bedrock bubba like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links