Gold Nugget Bucket

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun. It may work well. It seems to have a sound process design.
I would like to try one.

Prospecting P.

Mar 1, 2013
Port Townsend - Tacoma, Washington
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ive had the nugget bucket for a while and think its neat. i havent yet however found any gold in the bottom tray, lots of black sand tho. its easy to set up, light and runs pretty quick. the nugget bucket was also shipped to me really fast

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We use the nugget bucket in an area that the forest service calls motorless. We take them on Kayaks and move up and down the river sampling. So far it works great and recovers gold.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the more innovative ideas to come along. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. I'd like to see testing results but I think will pass muster.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The inventor Mark Peterson is going to be on "Shark Tank" February 13th, 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC. I will be watching to see how the big city investors will react. My guess is they know the price of gold...but have never "prospected"

Last edited:

meMiner

Bronze Member
Jul 22, 2014
Port Perry, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800,
Fisher CZ21, F75SE, Gold Bug 2.9 & Minelab GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is on the Canadian Shark Tank Friday night. I will be watching.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
this is the first time ive heard of this device. light weight/simple setup and use/ cost????? maybe a little high if you never use it much but if packing into a area with a long hike , you just cant beat the conveyance of the device. and non-mechinzed makes it a plus in certain places. BUT im to old and beat up to use that thing called a ssshhhhooovvel (ugh!) and the bending over would end my enjoyment of the area!:)

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have any updates on the Gold Nugget Bucket, tried it out, have you found much Gold, does it block or work a treat every time? does anyone have any tested results? I have ordered one and have been waiting for over a week now so looking forward to receiving it and trying it out, I'm not in the States hence the delivery time but I couldn't find anywhere else they were being sold. It looks excellent going by the few YouTube videos I have seen on it.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting product. I watched the video, and based on that it looks to
be little more than a classifier that drops all the smaller, heavy material
into the cup at the bottom. Then you pan it out.

Unless there is something I missed, you'd do just as well using the
old tried and true method of setting a classifier on top of your pan,
classifying the material and then panning out what drops through
the classifier.

Most of us should be able to classify and pan faster than by using
this bucket.

Might be good for beginners, but based on what I saw in the video
I really don't see the benefit.

JMHO

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Diz, the bucket does more than that. It's set up to create a fluid bed in the bottom catch basin. You can run for quite a while I think (from watching the videos) without having to pan out the catch cup. Actually a cool idea :)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Diz, the bucket does more than that. It's set up to create a fluid
bed in the bottom catch basin. You can run for quite a while I think (from watching the videos) without
having to pan out the catch cup. Actually a cool idea :)

Well then, that's different...
embarrassed.gif~original

If it's concentrating the heavies from what would have been several
pans of material then I can most definitely see a benefit.

For nearly the same $ you can buy the small Bazooka sniper, and
just do a quick clean up after a dozen shovels. This would also be
faster, as there's no having to stop and classify each shovel full.

On the plus side, I can see the benefit for newer prospectors.

I gotta wonder how well the bucket might work with dry material?

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry it is just a classifier.

We have used the bucket since it first came out. The original catch bowl has gone thru some suggested changes to make sure to form a good fluid bed and retain fine gold. The screens were also redesigned also to keep the funnel from clogging up. With these improvements that Mark finally made it works well.
We use it in remote areas and run it continuously for as long as we want. Then empty the concentrates out and pan them. This usually means about 20 pans down to a cup before we pan.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just another "Gizmo"... Mining equipment is a lot like fishing lures..... It catches more miners than gold........:laughing7:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Except some lures do work better (at least some times ;) )

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Except some lures do work better (at least some times ;) )
When I lived in Alaska I had caught fish on a bare hook.... just jigged it along a little....... Man I miss those days.... There you actually went catchin instead of fishin....:laughing7:
On Prince of Whales Island the easiest fish I ever got was a coho salmon with my gaff. It had nosed into a V of rocks and the tide had gone out to a point he had no where to go.... just reached down and picked him out with the gaff.

Last edited:

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dizzy... Now that you say that.. That might not be a bad item to have on hand when you're in a Hands and Pans only area! This would be your bucket/classifier and you still have your pan! You're legal! A BGT would be illegal in such places. There is a place here in California called Knights Ferry that still has some good gold in it. Unfortunately it is a hands and pan area only. I'm thinking this would have actually done me some good as I probably could have processed more material!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread