Anyone else getting ready to head out?

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't been to the river since last Thursday..But it all for a good cause!!! So soon not exactly sure when but 5-10 of April I am gone on my first actual diggings of 2013 I still can't get to exactly where I want to go yet, but Time will fix that.I will be back every third Tuesday till June..Then I have plans to be in northern Cali but who knows prospecting is hard thing to plan or predict. I am just happy that my season is about to begin.Was wondering if anyone else was headed out either for a prospecting vacation or got some serious work they intending to do..My adventure begins in El Dorado County CA hope to end up in Siskiyou County Ca..

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Start??? Been--over 3 oz just a mutzing and a putzing already this year in between bouts of illness-your late-get it on-John

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup... What Hoser John said! I've been hitting the field for a couple of month now. Then again I'm in the desert and have to hit it early so I don't sweat to death in 100+ degree heat. I'm stocking up on materials so I don't have to be out digging in the heat.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
I stopped prospecting in january and have gone 2x so far. Decent gold but man trudging a mile up a snowpacked road is too much work. Im giving it another week here in NH. That last storm and cold spell really shut things down. Good luck tho! Soon we will be overrun with the gold rush show fanatics lol!

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go but deep undercover

Technically our allowed season here is June 1 thru Sept 30. Not many people go during the week and where I go I never see any regulatory people. Almost like the good old days. You remember those? Something about inalienable rights? I think it started out "Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world"

Yes, I'm sure I read that somewhere:icon_scratch:

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We're just waiting for the snow to melt up high in the mountains. Ready to put the new sluice to work. Yesterday we went up in the mountains but still too much snow, the rivers are still up, and and the primary area we wanted to try is still snowed in. We couldn't get within 2 miles of it. That's the way it is here in SW Colorado. Probably another 4-6 weeks mimimum. Just stuck coin shooting until then.

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been hitting up mostly rec areas and Wild and Scenic part of the river this last winter and a whole lot of research..To many rules and fees these days..Makes it hard to really exploit an area so I am off and I hope that my last years sampling trips to the area will pay off and I look forward to showing off pics....Their be snow drifts and a muddy walk and the chance of Bad weather late storms ect ect..But one thing that is for sure summer will be here sooner or later but it is defanate! So a little bit cold and misery and maybe a some snow is definatly worth it I think.. And since the road is still unpassable unless some one grabs there chainsaw and put a littlework..I wil eventually but for now I choose to leave the road in poor shape to deter people as most don't like to work before they start work!! What is this allowed Season you Speak about JEFF95531?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At one time, the area along the Smith River was prohibited for any and all prospecting, just like it is now for ALL of the National Parks here. Later, they relaxed the rules for recreational gold panning and sluicing in the river. Later they took away sluicing. Now it is seasonal, no sluicing on site and small hand tools only (no long handled shovels, trowels and other small stuff) Oh yeah, and if we find any gold, we can't sell it.:laughing7:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been out every month for the last two years here in metroDenver (at this point I have a streak going so I make sure it's every month!) so nice to be able to prospect and sluice year round :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread