31 March Birthday dredging.. with the rain..

ywevis

Feb 24, 2013
Albemarle, NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Went dredging on my birthday.. It rained in the morning, but I wanted to get out. I didn't see any more rain coming in on the radar. I also wanted to test a massive gravel bar on the outside of the bend. I found a few interesting bottles, 2 that require corks, and one twist top bottle. The older looking ones. Found a little gold..

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy birthday and congrats on the gold.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to spend a birthday. I always dredge when it rains as I'm underwater anyhow so don't matter. When downpours start to kill engine just use foil tent to make a spark plug cover to keep running. Exact blaster nozzle setup I use,5/8" hose?? Anyhow dredging got ya them nice bottles and the corkers are worth more than the gold you found. But that's the nature a the beast as sometime relics and mineral specimens out produce gold production but all casha in your pocket so it's worked for me over 58 years-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i had 2 blaster hoses/nozzels ava. to me when im out. a 5/8(used mostly) and a 1 inch.i run my blaster hose off a port on my 4 inch PVC venturi. i have a Vortexrex PVC venturi that has the needed QD ports already instaled. and before anyone says the PVC wont hold up to the gritty water, ive been useing it exclusively for roughly 10 years and NO problems.Thanks Dave!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread