found some gold in upstate/wny
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: found some gold in upstate/wny

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    noah

Apr 2013
    buffalo ny
    no detector - gold prospector
    5 times
    gold prospecting wny

found some gold in upstate/wny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold.JPG 
Views:	935 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	771111

did some crevicing last weekend in the buffalo area on a small creek actually pulled up some flakes. anybody else around buffalo ny ever find anything?

us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    24281 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congratulations on the yellow!

us
    noah

Apr 2013
    buffalo ny
    5 times
    gold prospecting wny
    thanks! never knew there was anything up here...always thought west coast and alaska -

Charter Member

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
    5462 times
    Prospecting
    Maybe you should crack some more crevices and see what's hiding--congratulations.

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy nugget gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Apr 2013
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Nice find! I live south of Buffalo and own some land on a small creek where I too have found small amounts of gold, much smaller unfortunately! I used an old pan once, not a gold pan, and I found a flake. I recently found a piece of quartz with gold flakes in it so I want to do some small time dredging when it finally warms up! I've done some metal detecting in the creek but it's full of metal trash! In fact I found an old Model T leaf spring back there today just sticking out of the creek bank under a tree stump. We have found some amazing Native American stone tools, which are many thousands of years older than you would think they would be, maybe 5,000 years? My dad always said, don't watch where you're going, look at the ground, people lose a lot of things!
    goldenmojo and cowtipping1 like this.

us
    noah

Apr 2013
    buffalo ny
    5 times
    gold prospecting wny
    where abouts in wny are you atv guy? im looking for some new creeks to check out - was thinking letchworth sometime soon- and yah it takes a long time to find anything around here. theres not too many places to go. gotta find the small feeder creeks and brooks that have lots of exposed rock and not much sediment and suck the cracks out with a shop vac or some tool.

Apr 2013
    2 times

I'm near Chestnut Ridge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Eternal_Flame_Falls_1.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	772621 I'm near Chestnut Ridge, my creek flows down from Eternal Flame Falls, you may have heard of it, or been there. Using a shop vac is a great idea to get at some gold. Metal detecting & treasure hunting is a great hobby no matter what you find, learning the history of the area you live in is the real pay off.

us
    noah

Apr 2013
    buffalo ny
    5 times
    gold prospecting wny
    or your right around the corner from me - i live out by caz park in south buffalo. ive heard of the eternal flame falls - never checked it out, might have to add that to my list. been to chestnut ridge quite a few times tho.

Aug 2013
    2 times
    Hey guys, Bill here from Amherst NY. I just got into the hobby and have went out about 4 times now. Went to 18 Mile Creek and up in East Aurora so far. No luck yet, but its ok Im just learning. Im making a hand powered dredge this week and seeing how that work out for me. I did some crevesing today and thought for sure I had something but no deal lol. Im running into alot of smaller rocks and clay but no real black sand yet. Its a learning process and its something I want to do for years to come. Anyways, Im looking for someone who may want to meet up and do some prospecting with. My friends think Im nuts but thats fine, kinda looking for like minded people who just enjoy being out and the thrill of the hunt. Any tips on some good places to look around here would be great. Not to much on google about gold mining in Buffalo or WNY. Oh and if I do find gold the state can kiss my ass! hahaha, anyways feel free to try me on my google voice number if any of you guys want to put something together. 716-703-8011 -Bill-

Aug 2013
    2 times

Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY

Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY, Hey guys Bill again, went out and tried my homemade sluice today and pulled out 7 small flakes. Not bad for an hours worth of work in Buffalo. LOL! Cant wait to go again Sunday. Ill post more pics if I get some See attacted images Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1146568_10200627138865766_1889838975_n.jpg 
Views:	684 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	850781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	536981_10200625656028696_10737469_n.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	850782

Quote Originally Posted by triboren View Post
    Hey guys, Bill here from Amherst NY. I just got into the hobby and have went out about 4 times now. Went to 18 Mile Creek and up in East Aurora so far. No luck yet, but its ok Im just learning. Im making a hand powered dredge this week and seeing how that work out for me. I did some crevesing today and thought for sure I had something but no deal lol. Im running into alot of smaller rocks and clay but no real black sand yet. Its a learning process and its something I want to do for years to come. Anyways, Im looking for someone who may want to meet up and do some prospecting with. My friends think Im nuts but thats fine, kinda looking for like minded people who just enjoy being out and the thrill of the hunt. Any tips on some good places to look around here would be great. Not to much on google about gold mining in Buffalo or WNY. Oh and if I do find gold the state can kiss my ass! hahaha, anyways feel free to try me on my google voice number if any of you guys want to put something together. 716-703-8011 -Bill-

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10877 times
    Prospecting
    Congrats on the gold Bill

Funny lookin' sluice but I guess it's working for ya!!

Nov 2012
    763 times
    Congrats! Its great to find gold in areas not historically known to have been mined. You never know what you might find. You are in an area that was very very heavily glaciated.

Aug 2013
    2 times

My poor Sluice! hahahahaha

I know right... lol, it was just something to use while I wait for my order. Its actually working quit good. Best part it was under $20 to make, so complaints here. Yeah I may look a tad funny creekside Can't wait to go again tomorrow! #lovemynewhobby

Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Congrats on the gold Bill

Funny lookin' sluice but I guess it's working for ya!!

Aug 2013
    2 times

Found More Gold in Western New York!

Found more Gold in Western New York! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buffalonygold.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	853421

Quote Originally Posted by triboren View Post
    Gold Prospecting Buffalo NY, Hey guys Bill again, went out and tried my homemade sluice today and pulled out 7 small flakes. Not bad for an hours worth of work in Buffalo. LOL! Cant wait to go again Sunday. Ill post more pics if I get some See attacted images Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1146568_10200627138865766_1889838975_n.jpg 
Views:	684 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	850781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	536981_10200625656028696_10737469_n.jpg 
Views:	1122 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	850782

us
    Aug 2013
    541 times
    cool, you are gona start the next big rush, i am already packing lol, buffalo is only 3 hrs for me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links