Relocating in Ga. Lucky or Unlucky???

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So as the title says...My family and I are moving. I have been prospecting for about 4 1/2 months now and have the fever bad! Right now we are living right outside Cherokee Co.(Lake Allatoona area) and these past months have been great to me on the creeks around the lake and I have not had a day where I have got "Skunked" Last Sunday we decided to relocate to Martin,Ga. which is in both Franklin and Stephens Counties(30557) on the southeast side of Lake Hartwell with the North and South Carolina borders very near. Can some of you guys chime in and tell me what you think about the area and surroundings please? I can say that I am excited to be near Thermal City since I have been watching Astro's posts and videos in the forums. This move is happening really quick to.....hopefully we will start our transition north in 3 weeks which is going to be major seeing as we have a full house of stuff,two storage sheds full,4 motorcycles,kayaks,dogs,cats list goes on and on and on!!!!!Anyways anyone that might know the area???:dontknow:

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
ejimbo4

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
vpnavy I posted here because not to many people in the Ga. sub forum and I am just looking for people that might know something about the extreme northeast part of Ga. I appreciate the Stone Mountain lead but that will be halfway across the state...LOL! I am with the Allatoona Panner's Club right now and it really wouldn't be that far of a drive from Stone Mountain if you wanted to check out some of that good Cherokee County gold RingMaster44 and they are a great bunch of guys!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I dont know anything about that area, but being closer to Thermal City and Vein Mtn is certainly a good thing! Good luck!

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I live in Oconee county sc right outside ga. Let me tell you the gold is bigger in ga than SC. I prospect rabun county actually i went today got some decent pieces. But i would say your lucky to move to the state of the first American gold rush. Especially if you got the fever! Lol good luck! The pics I'm posting i have found in the last week. Well the big stuff anyways the little stuff in the jar is what i have been finding in SC.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130404_123815.png
    ForumRunner_20130404_123815.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 140
  • ForumRunner_20130404_123836.png
    ForumRunner_20130404_123836.png
    287 KB · Views: 151

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Try panning on Dukes Creek. Its full of gold.

RingMaster44

Apr 3, 2013
vpnavy I posted here because not to many people in the Ga. sub forum and I am just looking for people that might know something about the extreme northeast part of Ga. I appreciate the Stone Mountain lead but that will be halfway across the state...LOL! I am with the Allatoona Panner's Club right now and it really wouldn't be that far of a drive from Stone Mountain if you wanted to check out some of that good Cherokee County gold RingMaster44 and they are a great bunch of guys!

Thanks for the info and HH

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Check out the history of Dahlonega Ga., White County and other surrounding counties for areas to prospect. Dahlonega's a cool little town with a gold museum and old gold mine you can tour. Worth a day trip for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread