ForumRunner_20130405_121347.png

ForumRunner_20130405_121422.png

Upvote 0

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Sweet! Is that the "Super Prospector"? I have had my eye on those. Where did you purchase from & what was the price (if you don't mind sharing)? Looking forward to pics of your finds!

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Vance, yep super prospector 48"..purchased straight from Todd at Bazooka Gold Company. Price was $250, yea a little more than an A52 or something comparable, but think not having to classify and ability to process much more material will make the cost difference well worth it!!

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! A great piece of equipment. Dont be shy with the water into that bad boy. =D Have fun and Good luck!
A little hand rake works perfect to clear the grizzly as well.

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Almost idiot proof to setup + zero classification + instant cleanup = WINNING :)

More running time more gold more fun.

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will be testing it tomorrow..can't wait!! I'm in North Carolina, mostly fines..hope it catches the small stuff as good as everyone says!!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tridge800, I would appreciate it if you could give us the weight of the unit as well as the length and width of both ends! Thanks so much and best of success with the new unit.............63bkpkr

OP
OP
tridge800

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
48" length, 16" at the feed side, 9 3/4" behind grizzly at exit and approx 14 lbs...they offer two different weights variant on thickness of the abs plastic..I went with the heavyweight for durability, think the lightweight weighs between 4-5lbs less.

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My 42" prospector is the lightweight version weighting in at 10.2 lbs

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If I ever need a sluice this would be the one I buy. Seems like a no brainer in not buying the sluice as you do not need to classify.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tridge & SoCal, thank you both for the data on your BGT's, I was not even aware of the two different raw material thickness's, good input there. I would opt for the thicker material myself as where I go things tend to get rough and equipment must be sturdy, me as well...............63bkpkr

AzV, but you need water to use them and I do not see you wringing out Cacti for the moisture, sometimes my brain gets me in trouble as I have a hard time stopping myself from teasing and I like it right back. Yes indeed the lack of classification is a real positive along with ease of clean out and the unit clears quickly for the next load.............63bkpkr

Oldyoungtimer

Feb 20, 2013
I'm jealous i want a BGT! Classifying is about half the work i do. To get rid of that would freaking awesome!

Socal85toyota

Mar 14, 2013
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Eureka Gold
SD2200
GPX5000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Tridge & SoCal, thank you both for the data on your BGT's, I was not even aware of the two different raw material thickness's, good input there. I would opt for the thicker material myself as where I go things tend to get rough and equipment must be sturdy, me as well...............63bkpkr

No problem. The only slight drawback to me is not being able to see the gold trapped in matting/riffles, etc. you will see gold once in awhile stick to the black feed surface or tumble right behind the black sand :)
It does a great job at catching it whether you see it or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread