Two Bazookas Better Than One!

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

CT8620

Sep 10, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Super Mini and 4 two gallon buckets fit nicely in my pack. Used them today 3.5 miles up East Fork. Keep the water running nice and fast...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats.gif
Hard Prospector - let us know what ya find on your first outing.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HP,
Thank you for that input as I ordered mine a week ago though I will not be using it right away. I purchased it to give me something to look forward to and work for, a late August ten day trip.

Your two BGT's should be two complimentary tools, I'd guess one for searching and one for working. The best of success to you......................63kpkr

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Welcome to the club! I have a Miner and a Mini; hope to have a Prospector next Summer to complete the (non Super) BGT family.

Astrobouncer came up with adding some Hardware Cloth, its a great idea as it stops the rocks from jamming up the entry way.

JC Allen

Greenie
Apr 19, 2013
Rocky Mountains USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bazooka design is awesome, but the $$ was a bit spendy for my budget last year...so I did a poor man's DIY build out of scrap lumber/tubing. The concept is great and works like a champ! Glad to hear the folks over there are keeping super busy!!

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why do I get the feeling that I'm about to join a "revolutionary sluicing sub-culture?"

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe because it is? Sorta like owning Ducati's or Mustangs or M38A1's - each group has a following for their own reasons. John is just perturbed as his has not come yet, hang in there john your Super Super Super Gigantic Prospector should come by flat bed truck any day now. Followed by a dozen Forest Service/CIA plain clothes swat cars disguised as prospectors but armed with .40 S&W's and 50,000 rounds per vehicle. Ah but I digress, I'd just as soon be out prospecting.......................63bkpkr

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just talked to Todd today, ordered the Super Mini and the 36" Prospector. It sounds like to meet demand he has increased his work staff, said I should get it in 2-3 weeks. The Super Mini should make a nice addition to my pack gear.

You will enjoy the Super Mini! The entire Bazooka like-up is great. (The Miner will work 2 people to near death in one day trying to keep up with it!) I stocked them on the East coast, but now Todd has added help, he doesn't need me. They were always an easy sell.

Good Hunting, Charlotte49er

OP
OP
H

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can hardly wait to get them. The Super Mini will take the place of my Garrett Super Sluice and 1/2 classifier that I used for years backpacking. I will miss the Super Sluice though, it has found me plenty of gold(it also made a good wash basin and oatmeal bowl)

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rob have you got your super mini yet? Really curious how that thing is working for you... Also curious where you've got enough flow for it :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread