Happy Camp California

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At $3500 a pop to join I think the ones making the gold are the owners. I'm sure you will get gold, but your money's worth is another question. There are endless places to go in California for much, much cheaper. You could pick up a dozen claims out in the Mojave, a drywasher and an AC unit for that kind of money.

I'd say do a lot of research before paying out the nose.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The way I read their website one can go for 1 week in the summer for $100. I didn't see where you had to join to just go for 1 week. Did I miss something?

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Khpony, I must have missed that. I was looking at their membership. If it's only $100 for a whole week and you are not limited to a 10'x10' area then it sounds like it's worth it.

FlatPack

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went last summer and spent a week camping on the New Forty Niners claims last summer. Took my two teenagers and my Coleman popular trailer. Great fun and good people. Took their FREE two day highbanking class. Wish I scheduled the trip so that the class was at the beginning instead of at the end of the week.

Cost was only $50 for the weeklong associate membership (Internet special). I'll be back for another week this summer. Their new claims look good!

I'd stay on the main river claims though. The camping was beautiful on Elk creek but only found a piece of flour gold in two days. Gold is much more consistent on Klamath.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Filthiest river in the state according to state waterboard and EPA. Your toilets cleaner. Mt town fulla drunk indians no yaa as they Karuk absolutely hate miners-and especially anything to do with the 49rs as sued dozens a times-Go to Auburn rec area, Merced river rec area,Yuba rec areas,Bear river rec area,a zillion places to go cleaner and better gold without all the bs-John

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Camp is a great area! If you get the internet special for 50.00 it's a great deal. Lots of free places to camp and the gold is good too! I joined as an associate member last year had a great time and found quite a lot of gold. I looked around and found a full membership for 1000.00 from a member who moved away check with the office in happy camp once in a while they try to sell memberships that people don't want anymore for 1000.00. You can't find better ground or more claims to mine for that price. I've gone down a couple of times this winter and did very good. I don't know what Hoser John's issue is I haven't seen any druck indians, but it is true most don't like miners but I go to find gold and don't see many indians and the one's I've met are great people. Just my two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread