Incredible rock find and short gold trip

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My best ?? who done it is you have a type of Jadite jade.JPG

Jadeite colors can range through the color spectrum with more exotic colors.
Jadeite: NaAlSi2O6
Color White, Blue, Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Brown, Pink, Purple, Gray, Black, Banded, Multicolored
Hardness 6 - 7
Crystal System Monoclinic
Refractive Index 1.60 - 1.67
SG 2.9 - 3.7
Transparency Translucent to opaque
Double Refraction -0.027 (Nephrite); 0.013 (Jadeite)
Luster Waxy, vitreous
Cleavage 1 or 2,2 - prismatic. Due to lack of visible crystals, cleavage is rarely observed.
Mineral Class Jadeite or Nephrite (Nephrite can be either Actinolite or Tremolite)

Also any time you have a ?? on a rock hit me in http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/h...ified-post-here-gimme-good-picture-3-4-a.html

GORGEOUS ROCK!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Hurthawk for another fine video. What most newbies don't get, is you've been showing gold coming out of cracks for years now, and you've stripped
maybe 30-50% of that area? Now multiply your spot by how many gold-bearing creeks in your watershed, and then the number of watersheds in the Mother
Lode, there's a WHOLE LOT of gold just laying still in those cracks.

I've done some rockhounding too, but as an amatuer, I'll pass on the "beatamus" rock. Hope someone can positively id it for you.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be serpentine

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that opal in video?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go to a gem/mineral store for proper ID-do a hardness test,fracture test. Jadeite everywhere no bfd but nephrite MASSIVE PRICE DIFFERENCE-John

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a piece just like it and i believe it is jadeite i'll try and find my piece around here

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread