Any Wisconsin Prospectors READ THIS

BadgerGold

Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any Wisconsin Prospector's READ THIS

Anyone from Wisconsin or I suppose in adjoining states reading this, I'm looking for someone to go prospecting with sometime. I live in Menomonee Falls which is not too far from Milwaukee, have tried a lot of sluicing in the Menomonee River (haven't found a SPECK) which is not surprising, as it's all sandstone deposits.

Anyways, I'm Ben I'm a 22 year old FF/Paramedic, not some creepy old guy stalking people. I hate the fact that we have the gift of the internet to meet people/make new friends and there's perverts that ruin that for normal people. I would love to go sluicing/prospecting with someone who also knows what they're doing. As far as equipment I'll be running a Keene A52 with normal drop riffles and green carpeting. There's a spot near Madison I'd like to try, or if you know of any areas that even have a SPECK of gold I would love to go there. If you live somewhat near me, even if you're up north or northwest no big deal, we'll meet halfway or I'll drive up there whatever (from what I understand, that's where most of the gold here is anyway, the little there is here in WI) comment on this thread and/or send me private message and we can exchange contact info etc.

Upvote 0

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
google wisconsin gold prospecting theres afew local clubs around...prolly more clubs then gold around lol ;-)

skip_a_loo

Apr 11, 2013
Newton, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Up Graded to...GTP at Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can MD with me....Just 1 hour north of you...west of Cleveland ...you can leave a message if you want...I try to go out daily and longer on FRIDAYS-SATURDAY..Doing a HUGE old park in St Nazainz ..this Saturday and maybe Sunday

OP
OP
B

BadgerGold

Mar 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the info camo, skip a loo I sent you a message. Hope you had some good luck this weekend!!

-B

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Badger. . . Im from the fox valley. I am planning a trip to the Michigan U.P. this year. There are several areas up there that are reliable sources for gold. If you want to head up there this year. We could meet up by me and go up to Michigan.

P.M. me if interested.

P.S. If you would like to join a group on Facebook. I administer a page called: Gold Mining & Prospecting Group

USAFM6

Mar 7, 2014
Tyndall Air Force Base Florida / Iron River, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari & Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in far Northern Wisconsin and along the Bad River in Ashland County I see at least 1 speck of gold in every pan. Just purchased a Gold Hog Viper and will be running it in my gravel pit when I get home from Afghanistan in May. There is gold in my area and there was even an active gold mine very near me in the late 1800's (Northern Belle Mine). If you ever want to come that far north I can take you along the Bad River on my private property and guarantee you'll find gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread