NEED HELP FROM LR2000 EXPERTS

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Have diggers Will travel, if ya get ya a spot you need some help give us a shout. We haven't been out of this ole desert in I think 5 years now, it would be nice to see some
green.
good luck, FP

Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there, man I can relate the meridian range township part is silly. If you need more pages for a tutorial than the site itself there might be a problem. Redesign it with coords please somebody:) I've got some spots in Nevada county I want to see if claimed but want to test see if the spots worth it first. I plan on just going to blm office with coords, mindat, and mdrs reports maybe this will work:)
It's amazing the prices on some claims on eBay and CL who pays 50k for 20 acres you can't even dredge. If you do the math on most it's a pretty sad state as most the good claims are priced insanely high and won't sell or get worked this year at all. Some even wont let you test it with a pan they just expect you to buy it lol. We are going to have to wait till some people figure this out and the market corrects. Even at the 7-10k price range it's pretty unfeasable to make money with no dredging allowed.
Maybe some of these good claim holders will call us to work them when they realize they can't sell them at that price:) "Sweat equity leasing"
Fullpan I did get the report to work once I thought but maybe I ran the wrong report because it just gave me file #s and no coords or owner name# etc anyway. If you can't get anyone to help I'll try a little later when I get home maybe it'll make more sense. I did read TimC's info and it was helpful last time I tried for anyone else struggling.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the owners name or the name of the claim it is real easy. Just use all capitals and run reports. you can search a claim or customer with the state or county. All it will show is the claim filing info and if it is active or not.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, man I can relate the meridian range township part is silly. If you need more pages for a tutorial than the site itself there might be a problem. Redesign it with coords please somebody:) I've got some spots in Nevada county I want to see if claimed but want to test see if the spots worth it first. I plan on just going to blm office with coords, mindat, and mdrs reports maybe this will work:)
It's amazing the prices on some claims on eBay and CL who pays 50k for 20 acres you can't even dredge. If you do the math on most it's a pretty sad state as most the good claims are priced insanely high and won't sell or get worked this year at all. Some even wont let you test it with a pan they just expect you to buy it lol. We are going to have to wait till some people figure this out and the market corrects. Even at the 7-10k price range it's pretty unfeasable to make money with no dredging allowed.
Maybe some of these good claim holders will call us to work them when they realize they can't sell them at that price:) "Sweat equity leasing"
Fullpan I did get the report to work once I thought but maybe I ran the wrong report because it just gave me file #s and no coords or owner name# etc anyway. If you can't get anyone to help I'll try a little later when I get home maybe it'll make more sense. I did read TimC's info and it was helpful last time I tried for anyone else struggling.

I know this can be a controversial subject, but I am in your camp on this. I feel that way too many claimholders have been "keeping the dream alive" by filing
year after year, with no practical intention of actually mining. The WMA found that the vast majority of them are over seventy years old. I'm not sure if I can
make it happen but my idea is to buy this claim and lease it out on a reasonable percentage basis, to allow hard workers to actually get some gold. If I make
break even in the next four or five years, I will have done what I wanted to do. We'll see how it plays out. I also have a couple "enviro-related" items on my list.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the owners name or the name of the claim it is real easy. Just use all capitals and run reports. you can search a claim or customer with the state or county. All it will show is the claim filing info and if it is active or not.

Dredgeman, if I had the names I wouldn't need to post.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Fullpan

Anybody on the ground near the claim that could gather some info off of the cliam markers...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PM TimC. He would be more than happy to help you out. He has also literally walked people through the process of claiming BLM land. No one here (that I know of) knows the LR2000 page like Tim does. Several have telephoned Tim. He will stay with you till you have it figured out. TTC

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM TimC. He would be more than happy to help you out. He has also literally walked people through the process of claiming BLM land. No one here (that I know of) knows the LR2000 page like Tim does. Several have telephoned Tim. He will stay with you till you have it figured out. TTC

Thanks Terry - I worked with TimC allready on this, and without telling too much, his info was unusual. I'm trying to confirm it.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fullpan

Anybody on the ground near the claim that could gather some info off of the cliam markers...

I've asked a member here to check the ground for me, but he won't be able to til later in the year:BangHead:

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
......... I'm not sure if I can
make it happen but my idea is to buy this claim and lease it out on a reasonable percentage basis, to allow hard workers to actually get some gold......

Bravo Fullpan. Excellent idea. I'm sure there are others that do this also and even make a profit - but I get the feeling that your incentive stems mostly from a desire to share and provide. I not only hope you succeed, I hope you find some great prospectors that make the experience enjoyable. Good luck.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this can be a controversial subject, but I am in your camp on this. I feel that way too many claimholders have been "keeping the dream alive" by filing
year after year, with no practical intention of actually mining. The WMA found that the vast majority of them are over seventy years old. I'm not sure if I can
make it happen but my idea is to buy this claim and lease it out on a reasonable percentage basis, to allow hard workers to actually get some gold. If I make
break even in the next four or five years, I will have done what I wanted to do. We'll see how it plays out. I also have a couple "enviro-related" items on my list.

Yeah I think part of the madness around the prices of the claims are Jr Gold companies and bigger ones needing a constant flow of exploration properties combined with individuals seeing this as a opportunity too. A couple of weeks ago two banks in New York flooded the market with 20% of the gold in the world! Not a gram of real gold actually changed hands during this gold dump. I've read a lot of financial reports of companies where the money just disappears on "exploration" then the company is bought out often by the biggest shareholder (usually frustrated) then promises new shareholders "were gonna start actually drilling soon keep investing" rinse repeat. So I guess the point is more people feel they need to invest in gold and many ETF gold companies do invest without doing the correct research because the client insists they invest in gold and there are only so many good investments. Leading to ads like this:
Historic So Oregon Gold Mine this guy is advertising a 5ft vein with .374 to .402 ounces per ton. It makes people think oh I mine 5k tons of ore 11.3 grams or .4oz per ton per year and boom I make 2.8million gross to pay for everything, no problem but it is vein deposit not a sulfur and the money just isn't there plus it's an exploration permit only. It is a patented claim meaning the land is owned but unless it had a nice house on the property this makes no sense like most the ads now.
I'm sorry this kind of turned into a rant about people falsely boosting their property values and holding onto there perceived investment. I think that's a good idea you have about hiring guys that want an opportunity and managing maybe a few good claims, especially because from reading your posts you have a passion for mining gold that isn't just financial its beyond gold fever it's almost a calling lol, like a few other guys in this thread and on these forums.

OP
OP
F

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Meteor - you have no idea how sickened I am to see a perfectly innocent mom-and-pop industry being swept away to oblivion. If anyone thinks the
enviros will leave the non-dredgers alone, they are living on another planet. Oh well.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know it it's so strange. Theyre about to reopen a uranium mine next to the grand canyon next few years (google it seriously) but no dredging guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread