joshgoldbeans

Greenie
May 5, 2013
shasta county
Detector(s) used
Tesoro LOBO Supertrack
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i was in a pawn shop today (sold a lil placer gold) and they had a pile of small quartz gold spesimins on a tray in the display case. some pieces were richer than others. i told the guy i have some pieses like that. and asked what they go for...he said he sells them for $10 to $ 15 a gram! and they have been sitting there forever! should i buy them up?

Upvote 0

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i was in a pawn shop today (sold a lil placer gold) and they had a pile of small quartz gold spesimins on a tray in the display case. some pieces were richer than others. i told the guy i have some pieses like that. and asked what they go for...he said he sells them for $10 to $ 15 a gram! and they have been sitting there forever! should i buy them up?

I would if they're nice. If its just a flake on a rock I'd forget it.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like any gem or mineral QUALITY is 90% of worth,they ain't been sittn' there all this time because they're wanted---John

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would buy one or two, but only for display as well. I have looked at some coming from China on Ebay. They are very interesting looking. I might have to get one. Just like the gold I got off Ebay from AK. Dredging, and land nuggets. A piece of history, and a link to a world we watch on TV.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be sure they're not gold-painted rocks which I have seen in some pawn shops. The little veins of gold looked real til I got up real close.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I know a guy that is electroplating gold in cracks in rocks,and let me tell ya.......they look damn authentic!!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the tourist trade???

...not sure to be honest,he is a "smart guy",that seems to like to fiddle?I think he is forthcoming with the truth of them.......

OP
OP
J

joshgoldbeans

Greenie
May 5, 2013
shasta county
Detector(s) used
Tesoro LOBO Supertrack
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
these were definately real. red bluff gold exchange. check them out. dont sell them your gold though. they only pay 75%. i only sold them a gram of fines. needed fuel in my gas guzzzler.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions