Walking Away

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I have spent the last seven days digging.. And a grand total for 21 good work days at the area I put some much time into other then digging is 1.3 grams!!! Yesterday I was pretty unhappy after another morning of nothing so I "CALLED IT"..I intended to stay at least till July and I made camp like it! Well anyway my brother said that I didn't give it enough time as we have taken some nice sample pans in the past on day trips but I tell you I dug the hell out of that place and couldn't find any diggings that paid or even had gold! Maybe he is right but truth is I couldn't continue keeping up not making any money and I can only afford to give a new location about 10 -20 days of not paying before I had to tuck my tail and run back to the NF American River..Well I guess there is always Plan B which I hope to be putting into action late June.. Got to hike out all my crap..(probaly just to hike it some where else to find nothing)..Anyway My brother and I went to the NF American River and I tell you it was nice to get some gold again thought I was cursed..Wasn't a bad day at all and the water is great for the my aches and some of those rapids are pretty fun well as long as you get out where you are supposed too.. Anyway I guess Gold wins another round...It's alright I am used to it kicking my butt. Sometimes down but never out...Here is my brother playing in the river Today while we were on break from running buckets also he happened to find a nice Skull also I am no expert at all But it is big and I think it may be a bear.. But I have no Idea for sure..Today fell into place real nice we usually get the river about 6:30in the morning and leave around 3 depending on on how long the hike is that day but today we got their earlier and didn't get back to the car till 5:30...I think the Gold took pity on me as I at least doubled what I got at my "NEW"(OLD) location...

Upvote 0

medic7a

Apr 30, 2013
Placerville, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
california black bear. sub adult or small female. The skull is too well formed and teeth too worn to be a cub.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Nice find but I don't think it's a bear skull (although I don't know what kind it is). I have a lot of bear skulls around & non have the horizontal flat plates at the back like this one has. Also bear skulls (brown, grizzly, black) have eye sockets that face somewhat forward (as is common on all hunters (predators. Like you & me). Yours are on the side like most prey species (vegetarians).
Here are bear skull pics
https://www.google.com/search?q=bea...3NtDsigLa8YGADg&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=576

medic7a

Apr 30, 2013
Placerville, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look at the k9 sockets. Vegetarians don't have fangs. Madmarshall your videos are great. I enjoy all the off the beaten path places on the middle fork.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Look at the k9 sockets. Vegetarians don't have fangs. Madmarshall your videos are great. I enjoy all the off the beaten path places on the middle fork.

I agree on the fangs, but I don't see any.... I do see some big old grinder molars back there... Like I said I don't know what it is:dontknow: I do know it doesn't match either a wolf skull I have sitting here nor any bear skulls I have around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions