Found Gold, Need Advice

Attila

Jan 3, 2011
Hi all,

I am new to the prospecting side of treasure hunting. During a trip to locate a buried treasure I came across a gold bearing area. The area has only been worked on the panning side. But I have located a large slate area that apears to have several white streaks/lines running through it...Is this an indication of a vien?

What is the best way to work a creek that gives the least environmental impact?
Any and all advice is welcome....I have no idea what the best way to prospecting is.

I have attached acouple of photos

Thanks

Attachments

• gold1.jpeg
    gold1.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 523
  • gold2.JPG
    gold2.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
That gold has been in the water a long time. When it came from a load, it was a long, long, long time ago. As far as recovery, that will be determined by what your locale allows, dredging, highbanking, ect. Heck with that kind of results, doesn't look like you need much help in the recovery department.. Congrats and keep the pictures coming... :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Dave

Some time ago you posted your list of hard rock sampling pack.Can you post that on the board again or pm to me. Hope all is well. Thanks in advance....

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gold is amazingly perfectly consistant! Looks almost like painted rocks compared to what I have found.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score!

Those bigger pieces should be worth more than spot.

You found all that with a pan?

Very Nice.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

dave wiseman

Jul 23, 2004
Angels Camp,Ca.
Howdy Dave

Some time ago you posted your list of hard rock sampling pack.Can you post that on the board again or pm to me. Hope all is well. Thanks in advance....
Oakview2,here it is.http://www.goldplacer.com/hardrockgold.htm...and as I've written on many forums try and get these books and make them your bibles of gold..Handbook for prospectors by Richard Pearl or the early editions by the original author VonBernewitz and How to find gold by the great Australian author Ion Idreiss.These can be found on the internet at various prices or perhaps even downloaded from Google books or may be available at a local large public or university library.I'd answer any any questions that I have knowledge of.Not an expert,but know the basic hardrock sampling and coyote hole digging stuff.Realistically these days no one is really trying to make a mine out of a digging these days,especially in California.Finding highgrade species can still be accomplished by the average Joe with persistance and the never give up spirit.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow....WOW! I'm new here and you're initial post made (at first) made me want to call BS. I've seen a lump of aluminum that was melted and painted gold and it looks very real! Reading further, you and the gold ARE for real. :notworthy: welcome to our little spot! I just may take you up on your offer of assistance. I'm less than 30 minutes from known gold load areas and I'm thinking they haven't all been found. I'll check into the books/authors.

Question, did you stumble upon this with a metal detector?

Last edited:

killian110

Dec 16, 2007
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Awesome find. Keep us posted on your prospecting progress. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panning,floating and fanning,then sluicebox are the low impact trio. Your country,state and land classification are your restrictors as to who,what or where BUT righteous lookn' gold-GET UP,GET OUT AND GET MO' --John:hello2:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
John I think he needs a bigger saftey deposit more he needs advice. HUNKA HUNKA as Elvis would say:laughing7::occasion14::laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread