Panning the Weaver claim... results!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jason (SILVER 821) and I met this morning at about 5:30 to go dig some yeller stuff. From the Country Corner Gas station in Congress, AZ, we motored out to the "hole". True to my word... I pointed at the ground and said we dig here. And we did! And from one tub of dirt we recovered the gold shown in the 10" finishing pan. He took home with him 3 more tubs full of dirt so this amount represents 1/4 of the gold we found today. Not bad! In the "crew" is Jason, older son Dorian, and younger son Trenton. That's me with my SpongeBob's. We worked the GB2 a little and the kids enjoyed "rapping" off a few with the Sig 220. We were done before it got too hot.... out of the desert before noon! All had fun and pledged to do it again! TTC crew.jpg pan.jpg three amigos.jpg

Upvote 0

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,

That's awesome. Showing more people the how to's. I know both my son and I have and had enjoyed going out with the twins. Lol.
I just put up a pic of some of my color.
Hopefully see ya in a couple weeks.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry C, good sir it is good to see a post from you again and it is obvious that you are still nursing gold out of the ground in AZ, good for you.

Me, I'm trying to prep for a backpacking trip but have stumbled over a weather condition. Seems remnants of a tropical storm will roll through the Sierras sometime this Sunday evening through Wednesday. IF it happens the weather guessers suggest that the rain could be heavy. As I've been in storms in the place I desire to reach I would rather wait it out but of course IF it arrives and IF it is heavy then the dirt roads could be nasty. {I just put up a note to myself to remember to pack both sets of tire chains into my Bronco just incase}

I'm attempting to get out of town early enough to be able to take advantage of a lull in P.T. If the storm keeps me here long enough it could start up again and I'd be stuck in town. Timing, so much of life is timing.

Keep having fun, never give up!.........................63bkpkr/Herb

0008.JPG Out there is where I wanta be, a Mountain Man! (approximately from Jeremiah Johnson)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry your shirt is awesome.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry your shirt is awesome.
Actually, it is most often worn with the spongebob pajama bottoms.... but the cactus would eat 'em up! Tnx. TTC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the Arizona Yella! :hello2:

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Great color Terry! I'd like to be there but am setting here in SW Colorado watching the smoke drift in from the fires. What a mess this has cause and countless lives turned upside down. I know of an acquaintance that spent 3 months last winter in Arizona and came back with 5.3 oz. of gold nuggets. I held it in my hand. Boy does that ever get the juices going. Now my wife is all prepared to go there next winter. It all comes down to patience and perseverance. One needs a lot of both!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out the Arizona thread for more on this hunt. (by Silver821) TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread