Best panning sites in NC.

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, old school out of date.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whats the best pay to dig sites in North Carolina? Right now its a toss up between Thermal City, Lucky Strike and Mountain Creek. Would like to know who's been where and how it was. Everything is a 4+ hour drive for me so location don't make a damn. I was hoping signing up with the GPAA would have opened up some properties, maybe signing up with a local chapter might help. ???

Maybe, just maybe, someone here has some property, that might have a stream on it, that might have gold in it, that might let my wife and I camp there for a couple days, and might let us bring the highbanker and dredge and sluice and pans and might wanna cut of the findings for being so nice.

I still have a couple weeks before I'm ready to go, damn fireworks season has me tied up, 16+ hour days in a large 120+ degree oven surrounded by explosives.

Upvote 0

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thermal city has some nice gold and you could bring all of the above, I hear its better gold than lucky strike which is just up the road a little ways, I don't know about mountain creek so can't say about that one.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thermal City, I have acres and acres of private property available to me and yet I always go to Thermal instead. The golds bigger there, and you cant beat the ease of access to the river, the great folks, and the scenery. Sure they charge 10 bucks a day for hibanking in the river/panning/sluicing/dredging up to a 2.5 inch but name something else you can spend a day doing for that price and still come away with gold! I might even camp up there this weekend if the weather holds.

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Charlotte now. I will be in Thermal City in the morning. The gold is waaaaay better at TC than lucky strike.

davidb

Jan 7, 2013
I was just looking at tc web site they do have tent camping I think it was 10 per day for small site go on Internet pull them up it tells you

OP
OP
TeamNugget

TeamNugget

Mar 31, 2013
Charleston, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, old school out of date.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys, looks like we'll be hitting up TC for a few days, I prolly won't close the stand till the 8th and the week after that is my birthday, so I might make it up there the 17-20th ish. driving me nuts.

djpitr

Oct 18, 2012
S.C.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug 2 , XP Deus , ctx3030
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your guys go check them out i went to Thermal City and it was great , here is it.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, very nice! Thanks for sharing...

Gotta clean out my pan...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions