Whidbey island gold?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If in the Whidbey beach sand odds are it is very small gold, so I might try and
classify down to about 20 mesh, and then use a Gold Cube for processing.

Takes an awful lot of that really small stuff to make much, but it all adds up..8-)

Prospecting P.

Mar 1, 2013
Port Townsend - Tacoma, Washington
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I classafiy down to 50 mesh and run down a small sluice and pan everything bigger, The gold's small but there's plenty of it! Look for the black sand while walking down the beach, it will be like a shadow on the beach and one to two inches thick. im on the otherside of the water, Port Townsend and ive been finding places that are better then others but have some really good spots. Think i was getting around 11 dollars out of every 5 gallon buchet of sand. HH

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whidbey Island is run by a pretty tight group of people and if they decide to umm, regulate the activities they will. Keeping 'those in charge' clueless as to what is going on would be appropriate to my thinking and that is where I was coming from. Other than that have fun while the fun lasts!.......................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread