Gpaa "lost dredge" claim in EDC/PiPi Valley/C14

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my buddy is a memeber of gpaa, and we went on a adventure looking for new places around his property, and he came up with the Lost Dredge claim on page C14 of the older book.

We found it with little trouble, and it was really cool with all the exposed bedrock and everything, doesnt look like theres been a ton of recent activity but there are a few holes in the banks.

We were exploring, and found a huge old abandoned trommel which led us to a mineshaft opening above it which was caved in.

I believe the equipment was all rivetted, but I cant be sure.

Was just wondering if anybody knew any history about this mine, because from the wood and shacks and metal it all looked to be from probably the '30s.

They must have found something there to go thru the trouble of hauling that huge trommel down there and across the creek, even in pieces it would be a big job.

We are really curious as to any background anybody knows about the claim and mine

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing you might keep in mind is that rattlers often den up in
the back of those old claims, or a poopload of 'em could be staying
out of the heat...they're not too friendly when people poach their
turf, and I'd sure hate to run into a few when crawling on my belly,
and no room to move around or avoid them.
hawkeye.gif

Thats even more incentive!! I love catching rattlesnakes :)
Here, Ill find an old video I have of my reptile/amphibian/arachnid collection
It was filmed a few years ago and my collection and direction has changed, I now have a couple other species of venomous snakes(spitting cobras, eyelash vipers), and alot more harder-to-get spiders.

Part 1:
Part 2:

Johnnysau, Im sending you a pm with my addy tonite! Thanks!!

OP
OP
S

sactosluicer

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of my blue-ring octopus, considered I think the 2nd or 3rd deadliest venom known to man...

Here is a good pic of one of my first rattlesnakes...

I dunno man, most things Im just not afraid of...
I may do things that others consider dumb, but I am not a stupid person.
The reason I know my limitations, is because I have found them ;)

Anyways guys, just enjoy the mine video for what it is, Thats why I made it, so those who have never experienced something like that can get a little taste.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like I owe you a $7.50 admission fee- what a tour! Reminds me of my "critters in back yard cages days" when I was a pre-teener. The only "herp room"
I had inside was the bathtub, lol.

Its hard to get a "handle" on a member from just a few posts. Most times when giving cautions, we don't know your age, level
of wilderness experience, and a host of other things, so giving extra warnings means no guilt if something happens. For instance
at least 2 dozen of us have handled mercury by the pound and know its pretty harmless, but caution newbies just to clear the
conscience.

Anyway - hope you and jonnysau find "the rest of the story" on the mine, and thanks for the tour of your herp room - quite
impressive!

Last edited:

girlzhuntgld

May 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there...heading to this claim in a few weeks. did you learn anything more about it that you'd be willing to share? great video, thanks for posting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread