Any word from Nome?

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A member of the Club in my area came back from There about a week ago for a week and should be back there because the weather was horrible he said. I didnt bother to ask if he saw the camera crews but I did ask if he had found any gold and he said he had found just over 4 ounces. He prospects the beach and he said his worst season was 106 ounces. I cant wait til he gets back si I can find out how he does this season.

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100 ounces from the beach? Wow.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of my co workers is up there and he said yes bsg is filming again and apparently under the ice is going to have a season 2 as well

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Facebook fan page for BSG reports that Emily has her own dredge now called (get this) "Eurotika." Zeke still has the Edge.

Scott Reidel has his own dredge called The Minnow. Insert Gilligan's Island jokes here.

There is a second dredge with an excavator on it like the Christine Rose, only this on just has the entire device, treads and all, sitting on deck. if you watch 'Ax Men' and saw the rig Shelby Stanga set up, it's the same deal. And Scott Meisterheim is building a monstrous dredge even bigger than the Christine Rose measuring 28x80. Now where the hell did he get the money to do that?

Last edited:

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott finally sobered up. I think he found an investor to finance the whole thing.

I have a question. What is the incentive to let the discovery channel film you while you are trying to work ?

are they making a lot of money letting discovery hound you all day ?

OP
OP
O

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that with BSG, Original started really low balling their talent and locking them into long term contracts. They had too many problems with other shows, like Dave Hester getting too big for his britches on Storage Wars.

As for letting someone film you, hey, it's the best backup you can have. If something goes really wrong you know they will drop the camera and help you.

barleetow

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2013
I'm currently working in nome, weather is crap all the time everything is damn expensive and if you don't know where the gold is at you will probably loose your ass and end up spending all your money in town... Luckily I know where the golds at and it's not on the beach where every other wanna be movie star miner is. Granted there is a lot of beach gold but there are other untapped resources in the area

Attachments

• image-478719434.jpg
    image-478719434.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 105

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread