Crack vac

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting a vacuum for sucking out crevices in dry areas. Does anyone know of a non expensive portable vacs that would work? And by portable I mean one that doesn't require a generator. I've seen people using something called a crack vac in some videos but I looked it up and it costs around $400... Didn't look into what that runs on.. As soon as I saw the price I exited lol.

Upvote 0

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey n8 I think you said in earlier posts you were in the sac area, if you look on Craigslist and search dredge there's a crack vac on there for $40 that was posted yesterday if that's what you're looking for

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey n8 I think you said in earlier posts you were in the sac area, if you look on Craigslist and search dredge there's a crack vac on there for $40 that was posted yesterday if that's what you're looking for

Darn I think I missed it I can't find it on there.

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting a vacuum for sucking out crevices in dry areas. Does anyone know of a non expensive portable vacs that would work? And by portable I mean one that doesn't require a generator. I've seen people using something called a crack vac in some videos but I looked it up and it costs around $400... Didn't look into what that runs on.. As soon as I saw the price I exited lol.

Check out my signature on a link I have on building a vac. I built it for under $275.00 and its better than anything on the market. Has lots of suction.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's still on there search dredge and it's on aug 6 the title is "homemade gold dredge"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread