What is the Best MECHANICAL means for extracting -100 gold & below that works for YOU

OP
OP
M

MikeMike

Nov 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried the blue bowl which did okay until the flat flakes caught he water current and went over the top. I've also tried panning which is hard even l working with classified material getting the black sand out that small. And a black magic Miller table which I've had the best luck with so far I was going to add a vibrating motor to it.

I was looking at some of the spiral painters I didn't know if they would help with material that small and possibly a shaker table

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
For you to be successful with a blue bowl you must classify all your materials and separate, 50, 70, 100,ect

Attachments

• -100 mesh 001.JPG
    -100 mesh 001.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 214

pannerman

Jul 11, 2013
Sacramento, Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm cheap. I use a magnet, then gently blow until the gold is left behind. Well, most of it ends up in the carpet... maybe I should pan the vacuum bag.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm cheap. I use a magnet, then gently blow until the gold is left behind. Well, most of it ends up in the carpet... maybe I should pan the vacuum bag.

LOL You don't know how many people I know that have had to do just that because of accidents. If you can get one of those old Rainbow brand vacs the panning would be half done for you because of their water filtration.

As to the question on the post.... I've always used a micro sluice for flour gold and had great recovery. I've seen Miller tables in action and they seem to work very well too. I've never owned one though.

LP13

Dec 31, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm ... that's a hard one. My Gold Well gets really fine fine gold, recently tested, 80% of the sample at < 400 mesh from a crushed ore sample. Problem is it does not clean the gold 100% and still leaves you with a small amount of black sand (1/4 cup or so for the 36" unit). And I tried a lot of the devices on the market, and they vary in their ability to clean the gold too.

Heard about the MineLab but haven't been able to try one yet, although a customer of mine swears by it. If I get a shot at it, I will let you know how it works for me.

After all the tons of material I have had to pan out in the last year or year and a half, I am not too bad at really careful panning and able to keep most of the fine gold, even very fine. So for me currently, (as much as I hate to admit it) but I am relying on panning, then I put all the garbage in a bucket, and when it fills up I re-run it through my GW and get a shot at getting it next go round. (I also use acids).

Furnace is on the way and with that comes the ability to get it all for the most part. Just smelt it all down. Gets the silver too.

One note: I usually get the magnetic material out sooner than later in the process, and have found that that less gold gets lost that way (with the magnetic material being pulled out).

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my DAM Industries bowl-now blue-but for bigger amounts nuttn' dances like a jig. This unit is a Precision and great on volume runs-John

Attachments

• 100_0662.jpg
    100_0662.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_0663.jpg
    100_0663.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_0664.jpg
    100_0664.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 182

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only things you need are classifiers, a pan, and time. Panning down the small stuff is a slow process, so get the easy stuff now and pan the tiny stuff over winter when you can't do anything else anyway.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only things you need are classifiers, a pan, and time. Panning down the small stuff is a slow process, so get the easy stuff now and pan the tiny stuff over winter when you can't do anything else anyway.

Yup. Although the shake and tap panning method is quite quick actually.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love my DAM Industries bowl-now blue-but for bigger amounts nuttn' dances like a jig.
This unit is a Precision and great on volume runs-John

John: That's a sweet looking machine; could you fill me in on how it works?

Tried to look it up on Google, but couldn't find anything on it, or even an explanation
of what it did to separate the materials.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that a homemade air jig John? Sweet!

I was going to suggest a jig but considering the amount of material the original poster is dealing with it seemed overkill. Jigs are used commercially to capture all the gold from 1/2 inch to -800. Does it all continuously at the same time. Best recovery method ever.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread