Gold in Indiana.....

kevin1

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking creek, y'all sure have shorter banks on yours than we do down here in Southern Indiana. I was fishing one yesterday, the banks were over five feet high of solid limestone.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you guy's digging out the banks,instead of the inside gravel bars? I'm new to prospecting and have no idea of where to look,other than what I've read?

hgeiger

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all i am new to Indiana the Army moved me here last year from California. I have been out to a couple of places and found gold everytime. Really enjoyed the gatesville area. I plan on going back to one spot that really looked promising after my shoulder/ arm heals up. But would like to know what your best days total was.
Henry

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Are you guy's digging out the banks,instead of the inside gravel bars? I'm new to prospecting and have no idea of where to look,other than what I've read?
Digging out the banks is BAD thing todo and would be breaking all the rules! i dont think the Indiana Department of Natural resouces would approve of this and probly would impact everyone trying to go by the rules that Chuck Lassiter and several other people worked very hard to get some sort of rules by working with the IDNR!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread