Gold cleanup equipment - help with design and build

angermd

Greenie
Mar 11, 2010
Denver, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I'm thinking about how to make some clean up equipment so I don't have to spend hours panning the large amounts of cons I have. When I went to the gold show when it came to town, they had a number of pretty nice clean up systems. Things like the gold cube or black magic or spiral wheels or blue bowls or mini recirc sluices are all quite nice pieces of equipment for the job. However, I like making things and some of those systems seem like they could be made for cheaper. I was thinking of making something similar to the black magic or small clean up sluices since they look the easiest to build. Any recommendations on how to do this? What kind of matting/bottom material should I use? Any thoughts where I could get some rubber matting? Thoughts on a simple v-rib matting sluice with a small electric pump? Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Go for it! It's not hard to make some of your own equipment for cleanup. There are plenty of threads that cover the "How-To" on the forum. Just do a search for what ya want and *POOF* it will come up!

For the most part I have built all my equipment with the exception of the metal detector. Given a circuit diagram I could build that as well but why should I? It's easier to buy something that is that complicated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread