Need help on lab result - Gold

Henry10

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2013
TN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Original purpose of this sample(soil) lab test was for the (Fe) contents. However, it has "gold" as well. I am not familiar with gold measurement. I hope someone can tell me whether this is (gold) a good reading for gold or 30 ppm is too low for gold?

Test Description Analysis Result(s)

Iron (Fe) * 23.9 %w/w Titration
Silica (SiO2) * 9.6 %w/w Gravimetric
Sulphur (as S) * 0.01 %w/w C-S Analyzer
Phosphorus (as P2O5) * 0.4 %w/w Colorimetry
Aluminium (Al2O3) * 4.0 %w/w AAS / ICP
Gold * 30.1 ppm AAS / ICP
Copper (Cu) * 18.1 ppm AAS / ICP

Upvote 0

IMPDLN

Mar 18, 2014
Central Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2100 V-2, Gold Bug SE, SDC2300, GPX4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not an easy question to answer. Some gold exists, ok. But what is your capability to recover it. Are you talking about a one man operation? Are you mega rich and can invest millions to develop? How large is the deposit?

You see there is more to the equation than one assay or test can determine. If an individual operation and this is complex ore you would spend way too much money having somebody else process the complex ores to realize it's full potential. If you have free milling gold that you can process through a wash plant and get a good return for your effort you might be able to make a profitable operation if you have enough material and devise a cost effective plan to operate under.

The only way to know if you want to start a commercial operation is drill samples and lots of them. In other words, it takes money to make money. If just interested in a more or less one man personal operation, you first need there to be free milling gold or placer gold that you can process yourself. No way to tell from the minimal sampling and testing you have done. If this soil had to be treated with cyanide to release the values, forget it. Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread