Bustin Bedrock For Gold

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This spot I have been working off and on this year.. Believe it or not that used to be one solid piece of bedrock until I chiseled and hammered it away. I have spent the last few day working it and the results have been great. Nice chunky gold even the dust is a little meaty... Progress was slow as I have to break the rock into manageable pieces to move.. Yesterday I made great progress today not so much only walking away with 2.9 grams for the day. I managed to break my camera yesterday so all I have is the Gopro now. I got to give hammering a break so I am going to Sluice the dusty area for a few days switch it up a bit.

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2.9grams in day of cracking,if this is a low end day for you ,then you are doing great in my book. with the time involved with cracking and moving rock and still able to gain somthing,very good, lots of times when screwing around with big rock ,i spend a day cracking and moving, then a day recovering gold,then process of rock wrestling begins again!

OP
OP
M

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I appreciate it.. 2.9 is not to shabby. There happens to be to decent paylines.. The best is a small crack about 4' down that's marks the bottom of the fractured rock. All the material under that fractured slab pays. The next is the crack that is vertical hairline fracture that goes away from the river.. this crack is about 3' or so high and very thin..This cracks pay's well and so far I have came across 2 small build up points where the two cracks intersect. Allot of work and some days can be frustrating working with handtools. And now I guess the crudest of tools are becoming Illegal. If I were on a claim I would stockpile dirt. Makes more sense and I would get more material moved.. This Vid is the same spot and where the Gatorade bottle is is now all gone..

I suspect their are a couple other hairline cracks feeding the bottom crack but I doubt I will be able to find them. The rock slabs are getting bigger and I just can't move them by myself as it is in that first vid I have 3 punch chisels hammered under the bottom of that rock to allow me roll the rock a few inches with the rock bar.. I will never get those chisels back but it gave me a few inches of extra dirt..

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried to view your stuff but my computer just doesn't get it done, sounds like you all are getting it done up there good to see your having a good season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread