Questions about my dredge photos included!

nick2136

Oct 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi this is my first post on the site my names Nick and I'm from Oregon I'm an avid outdoorsman I love fishing, hunting and basically anything outdoors figured I would pick up a new hobby and do some mining.

I just got a Keene 2.5 dredge and I was just curious if anyone could give me a few pointers while using it?, Also should I add some expanded metal to the sluice or just leave it how it is in the photos? Any help and pointers would be greatly appreciated Thanks!

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one just like it. Only thing I did was take out the carpet and went with the vortex style matting. Catches gold like a dream!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ABSOLUTELY leave it just as is. I have one and it works just fine without mat bs. What is white coiled hose??Looks like airline but no air on unit?? Expanded metal is for SLUICEBOXES with a wide bottom lip to seal and NOT reversed modified hungarian riffles. Run what ya brung but blaster nozzle mandatory. 5/8" non kink hose at least 15' long with a lawn sweeper nozzle(fireman nozzle clone) and control valve-$10 at Harbor freight and good to go. Get a mask and snorkel to see what your doing as them tiny puddle pumpers love to plug-decent unit,go get ya some and DON'T MODIFY-John PS-dredge permit mandatory and limited to like 420 or some such insanity in oregon next year so get it on gettn' that permit for next year NOW...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread