Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I commented the following.

The habitat for frogs, fish and other wildlife are no longer threatened by the small time miner. There was a time when the miner was harmful to the environment, He used dangerous chemicals, hydro-mined entire hillsides, leaked gasoline and oil everywhere he went, he also shot every wild animal he could. However all of that has changed. The modern day miner is a small time operator and wishes for the same environment to be around for his children to enjoy, he no longer uses chemicals for his recovery operations, In fact his recovery operations pull harmful materials from the environment to recycled or disposed of properly, the only shooting he does is with a camera, and the only impact to streams he has (even when dredging) is less than .001% of the discharged materials during spring runoff (acts of god). His equipment is almost always oil and gasoline leak free and spills are processed appropriately. All of the miners' impact to the environment doesn't even equal 1 commercial fueling stations spillage and damage to the environment.

These are all things that you will never see truthful arguments against by the opposition because the agenda of the people pushing for the closure of the small time miner and his operation is simply to have power over others who are having a good time in the wilderness. The outdoors is something that my family and I have enjoyed for many generations and I can attest to the things that I have stated here. The modern miner cares about the environment and often times cleans up all the old trash he can with each outing. I know that I and others in the mining clubs that I belong to do. I hope that my comments here are enlightening and that you all will consider that teaching the upcoming generations that proper management and caring for the environment will go a lot further with the people than an outright ban.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread