Oconee SC LDMA camp

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I rarely see any post from other SC prospectors, but if your in the area and are a member of the LDMA I just spent two days on an excavator, that a buddy rented, opening up some good ground at the camp. I would say I layed out around 100 yards of paydirt. Going out tomorrow to do some clean up and a few test holes then on to the high banker for a while.:tongue3:

Upvote 0

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Nice man, im sure the members will be stoked. I have been there a couple times with Jim1966 from Eastern US Prospectors (he is also an LDMA member). Its an hour ride out there though for me, and with my husky rescues I rarely have the time. Would love to make a week of it sometime and camp maybe this fall even before it gets super cold.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I joined LDMA last week myself and live in northern Greenville . I'm making the camp my first stop. I've got a small area I prospect near blue ridge but deer season put the brakes on that for a while. Ready to get my hands dirty again real soon. Hope to meet you guys at Oconee in the near future.

Foothills Gold

Jun 1, 2013
Marietta,S.C.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LDMA isn't a cheap membership . If you'll never go to the claims they (LDMA) have , the GPAA or the Eastern Prospectors Assn. would be a better deal for you .

uscphil

Sep 21, 2013
Salem, SC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I rarely see any post from other SC prospectors, but if your in the area and are a member of the LDMA I just spent two days on an excavator, that a buddy rented, opening up some good ground at the camp. I would say I layed out around 100 yards of paydirt. Going out tomorrow to do some clean up and a few test holes then on to the high banker for a while.:tongue3:

I am not a LDMA member but could use to get experience if ya need a buddy I live about 10 miles from the camp in Tamassee, I am in Salem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread