Northwest idaho gold

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just caught the gold fever a few months back. I live in coeur d alene idaho. And haven't had any luck. I need a little advice if anyone has it on where a good place to start that's close that I can find a little amount of promising color. Just what creeks streams or old mines with tailings I can go look in. Any info would be appreciated. I'm looking into clubs so we can check that off the list. I've heard Hayden creek may have something. Anyone panned around that area? IDE like to be closer to home then going all the way to the silver valley. Thanks for any advice :)

Upvote 0

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just caught the gold fever a few months back. I live in coeur d alene idaho. And haven't had any luck. I need a little advice if anyone has it on where a good place to start that's close that I can find a little amount of promising color. Just what creeks streams or old mines with tailings I can go look in. Any info would be appreciated. I'm looking into clubs so we can check that off the list. I've heard Hayden creek may have something. Anyone panned around that area? IDE like to be closer to home then going all the way to the silver valley. Thanks for any advice :)

Well if you belong to the GPAA they have a claim guide book that has all the GPAA claims listed so you could check you area. We have done some prospecting in Idaho down by Pierce where some GPAA claims are but really didn't find enough to make us go back and that might be a little far south in Idaho for you. I guy we did run into while down there had found some good gold but he was using a power dredge which is a no-no now. A lot of gold has been found in the Pierce area and there was a lot of prospecting activity when we were there.
Good luck

OP
OP
H

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I'm starting to feel I need to go more south and look into things tha way. Was just hoping to find something in my neck of the woods. Looking more for any information on Hayden creek and those old mines in the area it's really caught my attention
Thank u for the Info side winder

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Hunter. Welcome to the forum. There are members here in ID and I'm sure they'll be chiming in. In the meantime I'll give you what I know. I was born in Mountain Home ID but spent many summers in Warren ID (old mining town). I was just a kid with a metal detector and had a great time. I was going to suggest Warren till I saw how far you are from there. I forgot just how long that panhandle is! When I looked at the topo, I was immediately drawn to Orofino. I googled it and found a very nice piece of history on the not so well known Idaho gold rush. Enjoy!
Idaho Gold Is No Small Potatoes | Uncommon Wisdom Daily

OP
OP
H

Hunter397

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mapquest is saying that's about three hours away. Not to bad I suppose ill have to look into a trip that way.
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I should be paying more attention to the history around me than what's happening now I suppose.
Thanks jeff

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hunter397
Check my BLOG. There's half a dozen folks from CdA that travel down to the Clearwater to pull gold from the black sands and garnet rich dirt.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread